Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's impossible to predict considering no-one Arsenal down as potential runaway leaders and Liverpool/Chelsea in midtable, so if this season has shown us anything it's that things change quickly.

Also looking at the table right now, Spurs are 5 points clear of us despite us having more than half our starting lineup injured as a couple of their backups. They're terrible. Fulham are just here for the ride, the idea that they'll finish above us this season is kind of far fetched (they're 3 points ahead with a game more despite beating us last week), let alone be any kind of threat to top 6 next season. If you envisage Liverpool improving, despite faltering now with basically their main defence and midfield (I think they're only missing Diaz and Jota?), why can't you see Chelsea doing the same?

Anyway, I think this season we'll probably end up around 5th or 6th and then be in the mix at the top next season.
Cheers.

But... Arsenal are vastly underrated. They have a bunch of hugely talented players - and they're all young. Arsenal are favorite to contend for the league title for years running should they retain their squad.

As for Liverpool - for whatever reason - a big drop off in performance seems to happen every so often under Klopp. Supposedly Liverpool owners are looking to sell the club? If so might this impact future recruitment/club morale?

All things considered - I think that Chelsea are looking at 5th or 6th next season - but who knows. Maybe their new owner gets serious about winning and spends big. Abramovich did... will Boehly? I don't like your current squad against any most of the big six plus Newcastle.

Cheers - I think that Newcastle with their deep pockets are going to be a perennial top-4 side from now on and Liverpool too is going to be in the mix. Chelsea and Spurs will potentially secure a top 4 spot - but they're dark horses.
tbf i'm all for it. 6+ excellent teams all competing means plenty of exciting football. The money being spent is somewhat outrageous but thats market forces - at least it's something we get to experience in the premier league on a weekly basis.

Nice of you add a couple of million to each transfer. I'm sure you can make the same point without inflating the numbers for no reason :)

Havertz 75m
Fofana 75m
Cucurella 56m (rising to 62m)
Kepa 71m
Pulisic 54m
Lukaku 97m

So you're collectively off by nearly 40m.
Probably saw the Euro amount and forgot to convert it.

Chelsea will be fine.

People on here always think clubs that go on spending sprees are going to fail. Last January everyone had to take the piss out of Newcastle's "panic signings", last summer everyone on here was taking the piss out of Nottingham Forest and saying they were guaranteed to go down after signing 20 players.

Watching them yesterday, if they replace Havertz with Felix, they will be in the top 4. Their 1st, 2nd and 3rd biggest problems are how bad that kid is at finishing.
Forest doesn’t really help your case!

Cheers.

But... Arsenal are vastly underrated. They have a bunch of hugely talented players - and they're all young. Arsenal are favorite to contend for the league title for years running should they retain their squad.

As for Liverpool - for whatever reason - a big drop off in performance seems to happen every so often under Klopp. Supposedly Liverpool owners are looking to sell the club? If so might this impact future recruitment/club morale?

All things considered - I think that Chelsea are looking at 5th or 6th next season - but who knows. Maybe their new owner gets serious about winning and spends big. Abramovich did... will Boehly? I don't like your current squad against any most of the big six plus Newcastle.
“Will Boehly?” He’s already spent more than the GDP of many nations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.