Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 4 isn't going to happen.

Arsenal, City, Newcastle, and Scum are all better. Fulham too. Spurs probably also. Chelsea may scrape top 4 - but IMO they're very unlikely to do so.

With our injuries, maybe yeah. I've personally stopped thinking about the top 4 now. It's done. But with a healthier squad next season, with a preseason under Potter and likely new midfield, I'd like to think we'd be back in the mix near the top.

That's genuinely terrible but I suppose not isolated to City. Here's a story about Avram Grant's alleged crimes with the headline highlighting his Chelsea connection despite being our caretaker manager for about 6 months in a career spanning over 40 years.

Shocking isn’t it? It happens all the time but you won’t see it as much as we do. No matter who commits a crime if they can find an image that’s derogatory to City they will, last week an article on the increase in violence on the BBC website showed an image of the Premier League trophy with City ribbons on it, the BBC based in Salford is so anti City but pro Dipper and Rag.

With our injuries, maybe yeah. I've personally stopped thinking about the top 4 now. It's done. But with a healthier squad next season, with a preseason under Potter and likely new midfield, I'd like to think we'd be back in the mix near the top.
Next season top 4... doubtful.

Top 4 ATM is extremely, extremely competitive.

Whom on this list do you think you'll finish above?
City
Scum
Scouse
Gunners
Newcastle
Spurs
Fulham

You may secure top 4 next year - but I think it's going to be rather doubtful. Note that Newcastle owners have deep pockets - I think they're going to be a regular top 4 for the foreseeable future. Liverpool will likely bounce back. And City are going to threaten for the top. Arsenal are also top 4 for sure if they retain their squad.

Last edited:
Maybe.

City
Scum
Scouse
Gunners
Newcastle
Spurs
Fulham

You may secure top 4 next year - but I think it's going to be rather doubtful. Note that Newcastle owners have deep pockets - I think they're going to be a regular top 4 for the foreseeable future. Liverpool will likely bounce back. And City are going to threaten for the top.
Not this season but if they do stick with Potter he will turn it around and the talent they are accumilating surely will be contending next season. I'd be more concerned being a dipper as there are too many uncertaincies with the owners, managers and aging squad looking to be in much more of a crisis than Chelsea are...

Not this season but if they do stick with Potter he will turn it around and the talent they are accumilating surely will be contending next season. I'd be more concerned being a dipper as there are too many uncertaincies with the owners, managers and aging squad looking to be in much more of a crisis than Chelsea are...
As per my previous post - whom do you think you'll finish above next year? Rank your predicted next year top 4.

IMO - Chelsea are probably about 6th next year.

Next season: City>Chelsea>United>Arsenal (In no particular order) - im a bert btw...
Cheers - I think that Newcastle with their deep pockets are going to be a perennial top-4 side from now on and Liverpool too is going to be in the mix. Chelsea and Spurs will potentially secure a top 4 spot - but they're dark horses.

Next season top 4... doubtful.

City
Scum
Scouse
Gunners
Newcastle
Spurs
Fulham

You may secure top 4 next year - but I think it's going to be rather doubtful. Note that Newcastle owners have deep pockets - I think they're going to be a regular top 4 for the foreseeable future. Liverpool will likely bounce back. And City are going to threaten for the top. Arsenal are also top 4 for sure if they retain their squad.

It's impossible to predict considering no-one Arsenal down as potential runaway leaders and Liverpool/Chelsea in midtable, so if this season has shown us anything it's that things change quickly.

Also looking at the table right now, Spurs are 5 points clear of us despite us having more than half our starting lineup injured as a couple of their backups. They're terrible. Fulham are just here for the ride, the idea that they'll finish above us this season is kind of far fetched (they're 3 points ahead with a game more despite beating us last week), let alone be any kind of threat to top 6 next season. If you envisage Liverpool improving, despite faltering now with basically their main defence and midfield (I think they're only missing Diaz and Jota?), why can't you see Chelsea doing the same?

Anyway, I think this season we'll probably end up around 5th or 6th and then be in the mix at the top next season.

With the squad Chelsea are acquiring they will definitely be challenging next season, don’t rule them out of getting Bellingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.