Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha chelsea new owner is a banger! Turns up next day “right lads who we buying today?”

No word of a lie, that is literally how it feels. We’re averaging about 2 signings a week this months. It’s mad. And I still can’t shake this gut feeling that we’ll end up circling back to Enzo near deadline day and just pay the release clause.

Last edited:
So Noni Madueke, PSV's England u21 winger, is the next to join for over £30m. Seems sterling and the Ukrainian lad aren't enough.

Serious question, does Boehly know how many wings a professional football pitch has?

I do hope they stuff Liverpool at the weekend, but seems Chelsea are spending to get back into the top 4 or 6. If it fails it could be fire sale time this summer at Stamford Bridge. Can see us being offered sterling back for half price.

So Noni Madueke, PSV's England u21 winger, is the next to join for over £30m. Seems sterling and the Ukrainian lad aren't enough.

Serious question, does Boehly know how many wings a professional football pitch has?

I do hope they stuff Liverpool at the weekend, but seems Chelsea are spending to get back into the top 4 or 6. If it fails it could be fire sale time this summer at Stamford Bridge. Can see us being offered sterling back for half price.

There will be a fire sale regardless because I sure as hell do not think Pulisic, Ziyech, Auba, Azpi, Jorginho will be at the club next season. I even think guys like Havertz, Koulibaly and Gallagher etc could potentially find new homes either in the upcoming summer and in 12 months time. Then there are academy players on the fringes of the team like RLC and CHO who may decide they want to continue their careers elsewhere.

There will be a fire sale regardless because I sure as hell do not think Pulisic, Ziyech, Auba, Azpi, Jorginho will be at the club next season. I even think guys like Havertz, Koulibaly and Gallagher etc could potentially find new homes either in the upcoming summer and in 12 months time. Then there are academy players on the fringes of the team like RLC and CHO who may decide they want to continue their careers elsewhere.

Pulisic would be a good signing for anyone.

Pulisic would be a good signing for anyone.

Personally I think he has lost that explosiveness he showed at Dortmund and the early parts of his Chelsea career. Injuries seems to have decimated his agility and speed. There's a talented player in there somewhere but if he can't stay fit for more than 5 minutes at a time, then he isn't really of much use to anyone.

Personally I think he has lost that explosiveness he showed at Dortmund and the early parts of his Chelsea career. Injuries seems to have decimated his agility and speed. There's a talented player in there somewhere but if he can't stay fit for more than 5 minutes at a time, then he isn't really of much use to anyone.

Yep that would be the gamble, if he is cheap enough give him time to fully recover get a pre season in him and watch him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.