Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like @Vialli98 didn't have his facts right about Mudryk's salary, if Chelsea doubled the Arsenal offer.

Isn't it funny how people like Balague are ridiculed all the time but then presented as a credible source as soon as they say something we like? :)

This is what the Athletic reported.

But the acquisition of Mudryk for an initial €70million (£61.6m, $75.5m), with a further €30m potentially due in performance-related add-ons, is not about the size of the transfer fee. For starters, Arsenal offered the same amounts and split as Chelsea, albeit the speed at which the various instalments would be paid was markedly different on their bid.

Neither does it boil down to his salary. Mudryk will be earning around £97,000 a week at Chelsea. Arsenal had been speaking to him since October, according to Shakhtar’s chief executive Sergei Palkin, and their contract offer was within £10,000 per week of that eventually accepted across town. Such a relatively small disparity is hardly a deal breaker.

Looks like @Vialli98 didn't have his facts right about Mudryk's salary, if Chelsea doubled the Arsenal offer.

It's been pretty widely reported that Arsenal offered Mudryk 50k/week and Chelsea are paying him just shy of 100k/week.

IMO Arsenal were trying to be cheapskates, offering an £80m signing what would have been among the lowest wages in their squad just because he was currently on about £3k/week in Ukraine.

I think we can predict which 4 easy enough.

I know they are ammortising these contracts over 8 years or so, but they've still spent nearly 800 million over the past 3 seasons and then there Nkunku to add to that and any other players they buy. Thats still a huge 100 million a year when spread over the contracts and i doubt all of them were 8 years.

Also that's 8 years of huge wages. Enzo alone will cost them 120 million plus in wages, sterling is on 350k, even fofana is 7 years at 200k. They wont have CL this year so that's a 70/80 million hit, its not going to be easy for them at all.

Edit: Just looked at the wages and they've commited to half a billion pounds worth of wages in the last 6/7 months and you can probably add another 100 million with Nkunku.
but they havent got empty seats to contend with

It's been pretty widely reported that Arsenal offered Mudryk 50k/week and Chelsea are paying him just shy of 100k/week.

IMO Arsenal were trying to be cheapskates, offering an £80m signing what would have been among the lowest wages in their squad just because he was currently on about £3k/week in Ukraine.
I'd be surprised if Arsenal only offered £50k, I suppose we'll only find out the extent of Chelsea's wage spend when the accounts are issued for this season, will be in 2025 as apparently they've not filed the 21/22 accounts just yet.

but they havent got empty seats to contend with
They’ve got a small old ground though that is in big need of investment. As far as I know, that would need to incorporated into ffp as well wouldn’t it if they want to spend big on upgrading SB?

I hope Mudrk wasn't driving his car when he heard Arsenals pay offer....

I know they are ammortising these contracts over 8 years or so, but they've still spent nearly 800 million over the past 3 seasons and then there Nkunku to add to that and any other players they buy. Thats still a huge 100 million a year when spread over the contracts and i doubt all of them were 8 years.

Also that's 8 years of huge wages. Enzo alone will cost them 120 million plus in wages, sterling is on 350k, even fofana is 7 years at 200k. They wont have CL this year so that's a 70/80 million hit, its not going to be easy for them at all.

Edit: Just looked at the wages and they've commited to half a billion pounds worth of wages in the last 6/7 months and you can probably add another 100 million with Nkunku.

Exactly. And if they don't keep those players for the full 8 years they will need to command huge fees in order to not make a big loss. I think this spending spree is kind of shit or bust for them really and they can't really afford for them to failm

Isn't it funny how people like Balague are ridiculed all the time but then presented as a credible source as soon as they say something we like? :)

This is what the Athletic reported.
I can't believe he's committed to a contract of that length for those wages, if he has his Agent should be sacked. Ballague says double the Arsenal offer, your info within 10k, there's something not quite right.

Alan Dicks likes this post......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.