Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most ever spent by a club in a single season, and by a country mile. Simply mindblowing.

It’s time we took the gloves off this summer.

Sterling to miss out on champs league spot seeing the report they would take offers for him

I know you're desperate for him to fail, but clinging on to some bullshit gossip from "footballinsider.com" 3 weeks ago that was immediately discredited isn't going to make you happy.

Besides, they can only register 3 NEW players, so excluding their top goalscorer, sterling, would be literally achieve nothing except leave them a man short.

I know you're desperate for him to fail, but clinging on to some bullshit gossip from "footballinsider.com" 3 weeks ago that was immediately discredited isn't going to make you happy.

Besides, they can only register 3 NEW players, so excluding their top goalscorer, sterling, would be literally achieve nothing except leave them a man short.

Haha I had feeling you respond it’s something I rarely do throw a carrot!

Also if you look at all my posts I’ve respected Sterling and what he did for us. As an individual I wish him all the best as a footballer playing for another club am not arsed if he fails!

I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal did offer wages as low as that, with lots of bonuses on top. They've been stung by the Ozil saga and I think it was a strategy at Barca and then City too have lower wages initially, rewarded based on performances with a new contract and increases, but with a lot of performance incentives.

Yeah but the Athletic (and to be fair, other journalists too) reported that they were within 10K of what we offered him, so if we're paying him 97K that would put their salary offer at no less than 87K a week. Chelsea's wage structure for Mudryk and all the January signings are heavily incentivised with bonus and achievement related clauses so if he plays really and hits certain individual milestones he could shoot up to 120-130K a week pretty quickly.

I don’t really have any issues with what Chelsea are doing. Yeah they’ve spent a chunk but if they have it then why not. Still think they need a forward but they are making a decent squad.

Interesting to see how potter gets on. Be nice if he can be a success as he seems a good guy.

They have 33 first team players now.

Got to feel a bit for Potter, he's going to have a lot of disgruntled players unhappy at routinely being on the bench or left out of the matchday squad altogether. Seems like an impossible situation to manage.

11 of them are out injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.