Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 300m spent in January alone, mad money being thrown around to finish mid-table.

Would have liked Enzo, Nkunku and the Ukraine player (not sure on spelling) is obviously very fast and looked good for the short period versus Liverpool.

Obviously, we would have had Cucurella and Fofana I rated at Leicester.

Lot’s of other ‘potential’ buys so very exciting for Chelsea fans (I would have liked Felix on loan too, although I can see why we did not).

However, football comes at you fast and this sustainable model (which is bollocks by the way), could catch them out.

90% of turnover can be wages, agent fees, transfer costs, going to 80% and then 70%. Last known is 64% but who knows what it is now, will certainly be higher and A LOT higher if turnover reduces due to no CL.

They have a bloated squad and I can see Gallagher going for decent money, but the rest I’m not sure (nothing sells for much when people know you need to sell).

Be interesting watching on, I think quality one week and not the next, internal issues and Potter getting sacked over next 12 months. Players going on loan with Chelsea paying part of their wages, or being given away for less then their market value.

Looks like @Vialli98 didn't have his facts right about Mudryk's salary, if Chelsea doubled the Arsenal offer.

Attachments

• 22D28978-E287-4034-A16A-ACFB07F4082F.png
    22D28978-E287-4034-A16A-ACFB07F4082F.png
    445.6 KB · Views: 64
I'm reading a lot about how they're staying within the rules by amortising over long contracts and how some people think it isn't fair. But that surely there's a risk that comes with that? Like basically they're going to be writing down these huge fees for the next 8 years meaning it leaves no room to bring in anyone else if needed. And if any of them don't turn out that great, they're still gonna have a pretty high book value in a few years time and it will difficult to move them on without making a loss. No way are they getting in the champs league next season either.

I'm reading a lot about how they're staying within the rules by amortising over long contracts and how some people think it isn't fair. But that surely there's a risk that comes with that? Like basically they're going to be writing down these huge fees for the next 8 years meaning it leaves no room to bring in anyone else if needed. And if any of them don't turn out that great, they're still gonna have a pretty high book value in a few years time and it will difficult to move them on without making a loss. No way are they getting in the champs league next season either.
From an online post, Chavs can only register 3 new CL squad players:

"So four out of Joao Felix, Mudryk, Enzo (if he signs), Madueke, Badiashile, Fofana and Santos can't play".

I think we can predict which 4 easy enough.

I know they are ammortising these contracts over 8 years or so, but they've still spent nearly 800 million over the past 3 seasons and then there Nkunku to add to that and any other players they buy. Thats still a huge 100 million a year when spread over the contracts and i doubt all of them were 8 years.

Also that's 8 years of huge wages. Enzo alone will cost them 120 million plus in wages, sterling is on 350k, even fofana is 7 years at 200k. They wont have CL this year so that's a 70/80 million hit, its not going to be easy for them at all.

Edit: Just looked at the wages and they've commited to half a billion pounds worth of wages in the last 6/7 months and you can probably add another 100 million with Nkunku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.