Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve got a small old ground though that is in big need of investment. As far as I know, that would need to incorporated into ffp as well wouldn’t it if they want to spend big on upgrading SB?
No, ground development and improvements to the youth structure are exempt. It's why the Dippers wrote off 50m of development costs for their mythical shiny new stadium to comply with FFP.

I can't believe he's committed to a contract of that length for those wages, if he has his Agent should be sacked. Ballague says double the Arsenal offer, your info within 10k, there's something not quite right.

I would say there's a high chance Balague is waffling here. The Chelsea doubled Arsenal salary offer thing was something that was doing the rounds on twitter around the time of the deal and it turned it was something completely made up by a big Arsenal twitter account. Maybe Balague has inside information, as he's good friends with Arteta, but even then there's very little chance Arsenal were willing to spend nearly 100m on Mudryk and only give him 40-50k a week.

No, ground development and improvements to the youth structure are exempt. It's why the Dippers wrote off 50m of development costs for their mythical shiny new stadium to comply with FFP.
I thought that had changed recently in the ffp 2.0. Included women’s teams costa, infrastructure etc being brought into ffp calcs. I may well be wrong though.

Exactly. And if they don't keep those players for the full 8 years they will need to command huge fees in order to not make a big loss. I think this spending spree is kind of shit or bust for them really and they can't really afford for them to fail
Nah, it'll be easy mate, they'll probably just do what they did with Oscar and David Luiz (and numerous others) and miraculously pull heard-scratching-ly huge, world record fees out of the ether; or has all that shady shit stopped now that the russian hitman-dodger has fucked off?

I personally don’t care how much a club actually spends, despite all the posturing and arguing amongst supporters that even I chip in with, providing the club and owner has the money.

What I’m struggling to see, is what they’re trying to build. Do they have a direction on the pitch they want to shape with this scattergun approach? From the outside, it looks like throwing all of the ingredients into a tin together, and hoping they make a cake.

I thought that had changed recently in the ffp 2.0. Included women’s teams costa, infrastructure etc being brought into ffp calcs. I may well be wrong though.

willip is correct in FFP2 all included in cost calculation

I personally don’t care how much a club actually spends, despite all the posturing and arguing amongst supporters that even I chip in with, providing the club and owner has the money.

What I’m struggling to see, is what they’re trying to build. Do they have a direction on the pitch they want to shape with this scattergun approach? From the outside, it looks like throwing all of the ingredients into a tin together, and hoping they make a cake.

What's scattergun about it?

They've got a LB we know works well with Potter. 2 young, fast, ball playing CBs who'll do well in a high line. Pace on the wings with Mudryk, Sterling, Madiuke and now a creative engine in midfield.

You look at Brighton's team last season and Potter seems to be building an expensive high quality version.

I would say there's a high chance Balague is waffling here. The Chelsea doubled Arsenal salary offer thing was something that was doing the rounds on twitter around the time of the deal and it turned it was something completely made up by a big Arsenal twitter account. Maybe Balague has inside information, as he's good friends with Arteta, but even then there's very little chance Arsenal were willing to spend nearly 100m on Mudryk and only give him 40-50k a week.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal did offer wages as low as that, with lots of bonuses on top. They've been stung by the Ozil saga and I think it was a strategy at Barca and then City too have lower wages initially, rewarded based on performances with a new contract and increases, but with a lot of performance incentives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.