Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine balance here. Hope they do enough to keep the Rags and Dippers in the Euro Conference.
I appreciate this huge outlay of money is spread over years but Shirley it affects future buying power ?

Presumably it will be like our spending under Pep. 2016 & 2017 Net spend was 400m. 2018-2019-2020-2021-2022 combined it's about 150m.

La Liga have four of the eight biggest transfers in history. And one, outgoing, at the very top.

Fuck 'em

I think Chelsea will shit the bed too but that's beside the point.

Chelsea are going all out - Mudryk looked very dangerous in his debut - and they've also signed Enzo Fernandez for a P/L record transfer fee.

As a team - Chelsea have looked mid-table. They've got a bunch of talent but they simply don't play well together. Might their new signings right the ship? Who knows?

Strange that Chelsea spent so big in the Winter window - winter is hardly the best time to pursue big signings (shortage of players on offer and those on offer usually command a premium price).

Too - though I think the rule is bullshit - what about Financial Fair Play? I've no idea where Chelsea stands with respect to FFP - but such a huge Winter window expenditure must surely raise FFP concerns.
Enzo is going to James Rodriguez 2.0. Smells of World Cup hero hype.

Some of them aren't coming back until April. Plus, if you actually look at the names, that 33 includes 4 goalkeepers and half a dozen 18/19 year old kids who aren't really expecting much first team action and they've got a few in their mid-30's who can't play every week.

Obviously they've decided to buy in the new team and worry about selling off the castaways later, and that will have it's challenges but will presumably pay off in August when the January signings have been the 8 months instead of 4 weeks.

I have to say outside of City I think they're one of the only interesting clubs in the league right now. Them & Brighton.

Mudryk, Felix and Fernandez could make a huge difference - I hope there's nothing riding on us beating them in May.
The 33 doesn't include Lukaku, Sarr, Hudson-odoi etc so fuck knows where that leaves them in the summer!

Their first team squad list has 31 players at present. broja, Madueke, David fofana, chukwuemeka, mudryk, Fernandes and badiashille all just about fall into the under 21 category for this season which brings them to 24/25 and 4 of those are keepers.

Madueke, chukwuemeka and fofana will be the only ones eligible for the under 21 list next season, they'll also have a lot of loans coming back, some of which may find themselves involved otherwise new loans or sales will be needed. They're looking at 5/6 high profile departures at a minimum in the summer just to have a workable squad and that's before they even consider anybody else they might want to sign. Lot of activity for them this summer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.