Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading a lot about how they're staying within the rules by amortising over long contracts and how some people think it isn't fair. But that surely there's a risk that comes with that? Like basically they're going to be writing down these huge fees for the next 8 years meaning it leaves no room to bring in anyone else if needed. And if any of them don't turn out that great, they're still gonna have a pretty high book value in a few years time and it will difficult to move them on without making a loss. No way are they getting in the champs league next season either.
£100m transfer, 8 year contract. After 4 years still £50m on the balance sheet and £50m written off. So a player who is 26 years old when he signs is on the books at £50m aged 30 with 4 years left on his contract.
I don’t follow these transfers in detail but somebody should look at it like this.
I read somewhere that the English players at Chelsea are worried that they are first in line for the chop.

£100m transfer, 8 year contract. After 4 years still £50m on the balance sheet and £50m written off. So a player who is 26 years old when he signs is on the books at £50m aged 30 with 4 years left on his contract.
I don’t follow these transfers in detail but somebody should look at it like this.
I read somewhere that the English players at Chelsea are worried that they are first in line for the chop.

All of the players Chelsea have signed to 7 and 8 year contracts have been 22 years old or younger I believe. Koulibaly was given a 4 year deal, Sterling 5 years etc.

Yeah, which means they take a hit in 4 years time if they can't get £50m for that player who is probs already on high wages.

But yeah, the homegrown English players will be first out the door as players you develop at your academy have a book value of zero. Meaning whatever you sell them for is booked as profit at at once.

I couldn't give a fuck about how much they have spent, great for them, great for their fans, the problem is the hypocrites in the press praising them while castigating others for similar.

I now hope we go out in the summer and sign who the fuck Pep wants regardless of the fee.

An obvious question but if they are circumnavigating the rules as it seems why were we not doing the same in January?
I don't understand how they have got away with these deals yet we get castigated if we spend 100 million on Grealish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.