Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Boehly had deep pockets, so a little surprised and disappointed Chelsea didn’t spend more.. Cheapskate.

All of the players Chelsea have signed to 7 and 8 year contracts have been 22 years old or younger I believe. Koulibaly was given a 4 year deal, Sterling 5 years etc.
Vialli gimme a score prediction for tonite pls I’m putting a bet on but can’t make my mind up.

Vialli gimme a score prediction for tonite pls I’m putting a bet on but can’t make my mind up.

I’m shite at predictions mate. Please don’t use me as a tool to place bets. You’ll just lose your money. But since you asked, I’m going with 3-1 Chelsea :)

There are at least 5 players I know already know they are on their out and some of them are already looking for clubs.

Ziyech
Pulisic
RLC
Azpi
Auba

I think those 5 players kinda know the writing is on the wall for them at Chelsea. Ziyech has been proactive in trying to secure his move to a new club.

Then there are players like;

Gallagher
Hudson-Odoi
Koulibaly

These players would probably love to stay but I think Chelsea are actively looking for buyers for them. We've already seen there a quite a big market for Gallagher so fetching a big fee for him wouldn't be a problem.

If 5 or 6 of those 8 players leave, that would trim the squad down to a more manageable 25-26 players which would include punts for the future like Santos, Slonina, Hutchinson.

I can imagine Hutchinson and Slonina would go on loan, potentially Lewis Hall too which would leave the squad total at around 23 players.

There are clearly huge if and buts in my breakdown, I'm under no illusions that all of this will happen. It wont be easy, accomplishing the above would take A LOT of work but I really think outgoings will take most of the focus in the summer.
Issue you’ve got is that clubs know you need to get rid… so there will be a lot of loan deals, I’d be shocked if you got ‘big money’ for any of them.

An obvious question but if they are circumnavigating the rules as it seems why were we not doing the same in January?
I don't understand how they have got away with these deals yet we get castigated if we spend 100 million on Grealish?

They haven’t got away with anything! Am sure City thought of doing longer contracts and thought a five year contract then if they have a good season extend it! When you look at all of Chelsea’s signings the most they paying them weekly is something like 100k but with bonuses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.