Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are going to have a player shit storm in the not too distant future, they have so many players now who will all want to play, Potter will struggle to keep even hand of em happy .. I’d rather be at Newcastle playing every week ..

There are at least 5 players I know already know they are on their out and some of them are already looking for clubs.

Ziyech
Pulisic
RLC
Azpi
Auba

I think those 5 players kinda know the writing is on the wall for them at Chelsea. Ziyech has been proactive in trying to secure his move to a new club.

Then there are players like;

Gallagher
Hudson-Odoi
Koulibaly

These players would probably love to stay but I think Chelsea are actively looking for buyers for them. We've already seen there a quite a big market for Gallagher so fetching a big fee for him wouldn't be a problem.

If 5 or 6 of those 8 players leave, that would trim the squad down to a more manageable 25-26 players which would include punts for the future like Santos, Slonina, Hutchinson.

I can imagine Hutchinson and Slonina would go on loan, potentially Lewis Hall too which would leave the squad total at around 23 players.

There are clearly huge if and buts in my breakdown, I'm under no illusions that all of this will happen. It wont be easy, accomplishing the above would take A LOT of work but I really think outgoings will take most of the focus in the summer.

Chelsea have confirmed that they have added Felix, Mudryk and Enzo to the Champions League squad and removed Auba.

There are at least 5 players I know already know they are on their out and some of them are already looking for clubs.

Ziyech
Pulisic
RLC
Azpi
Auba

I think those 5 players kinda know the writing is on the wall for them at Chelsea. Ziyech has been proactive in trying to secure his move to a new club.

Then there are players like;

Gallagher
Hudson-Odoi
Koulibaly

These players would probably love to stay but I think Chelsea are actively looking for buyers for them. We've already seen there a quite a big market for Gallagher so fetching a big fee for him wouldn't be a problem.

If 5 or 6 of those 8 players leave, that would trim the squad down to a more manageable 25-26 players which would include punts for the future like Santos, Slonina, Hutchinson.

I can imagine Hutchinson and Slonina would go on loan, potentially Lewis Hall too which would leave the squad total at around 23 players.

There are clearly huge if and buts in my breakdown, I'm under no illusions that all of this will happen. It wont be easy, accomplishing the above would take A LOT of work but I really think outgoings will take most of the focus in the summer.
Very well rebutted mate but as you say, to get shot of that many players in one hit is a lot of work, I’d say nigh on impossible. These players have big egos and will have to want to move to a club they are happy with who will match their salary expectations. Most of those you mention will have decreased significantly in value during their time at Chelsea .. I think TB will buy more players in the summer too.. It’s not going to end well methinks..!

This is just being negative for the sake of being negative. I've watched in two games and he was class in both games, especially compared whatever shit Koulibaly was serving up before then. So yes, he was class in them two games.
I look forward to seeing how good he is in the Champions League

They need a few things to happen or they are royally fucked

They HAVE to qualify for the CL next season, winning it will probably be easier than via league position but either are going to be difficult from here give Potters showing so far

They have to dump some of their deadwood in the summer. We could see some very low fees being obtained but players like Mount could be shed due to being homegrown and the profit they will make on disposal

ALL of the players on massive long contracts have to come off , again with such massive incomings they are really gambling here

its not impossible to pull off but I sense another Leeds with this, gambling long term future if the club on the hope of short term success , with a Rookie manager to boot
Leeds is a very good analogy. Wonder what happened to them after they “lived the dream”?

Very well rebutted mate but as you say, to get shot of that many players in one hit is a lot of work, I’d say nigh on impossible. These players have big egos and will have to want to move to a club they are happy with who will match their salary expectations. Most of those you mention will have decreased significantly in value during their time at Chelsea .. I think TB will buy more players in the summer too.. It’s not going to end well methinks..!

Some of these players already want to leave, Ziyech, Pulisic. I think both have just 12 months left on their deals so I doubt Chelsea will be too stubborn about the fees they can get. Auba will be released. I think they'll just pay him the remainder of his contract (1 year) to leave. Azpi will be allowed to leave too. Chelsea blocked a move to Barca last summer because we no James backup which has proven to be a wise decision, but with Gusto now in, he can get the move he wants and Barca are supposedly still interested.

RLC could prove tricky because I doubt he wants to leave and he's on big wages plus very injury prone but he's English and I'm sure some PL club would love to take a punt on him. He'll also only have 12 months left on his deal soon.

But yeah, we'll see. We can only wait and see but I don't think trimming the squad down will be as impossible as some are implying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.