Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not correct, next season it's 90% of turnover on player acquisitions, wages and operating expense's, 80% the season after and 70% in 2025/2026. The Chavs will be well and truly fucked when they don't qualify for Europe and these long term contracts take a huge bite out of their lardy arse.
I figured the new owner rules were how they were able to spend it all this season and then they'll be hoping to get it to the 90% threshold for next year.
I don't know if these new rules carry over to the Premier League though, if the league rules aren't as strict they could just do a Liverpool and ignore FFP by not qualifying for Europe (which is entirely possible this season) in the hopes of offloading a load of players over the next two summers.

I figured the new owner rules were how they were able to spend it all this season and then they'll be hoping to get it to the 90% threshold for next year.
I don't know if these new rules carry over to the Premier League though, if the league rules aren't as strict they could just do a Liverpool and ignore FFP by not qualifying for Europe (which is entirely possible this season) in the hopes of offloading a load of players over the next two summers.
I'm pretty sure the Premier League has their own FFP rules mate, pretty much mirror the UEFA ones I think.

I'm pretty sure the Premier League has their own FFP rules mate, pretty much mirror the UEFA ones I think.
Fair enough, I know the old ones weren't as strict as the UEFA ones but wasn't sure if they were changing them to match the new ones from next season.
Either way it's interesting times at Chelsea, I'm guessing they have a plan to comply but who knows what it is. I'm hoping they just say "It's our money and we'll spend it" but it could be a prelude to an American Super League breakaway with no relegation and guaranteed incomes which is a concern.

Why would he not play them?

They’ve got loads of injuries so they are needed, and even if they weren’t it’s good man management to keep them involved for the next 4 months not sulking in the dressing room and causing problems.

Gallagher doesn’t even want to leave. He rejected that Everton offer. But you’re right as usual. There’s usually a very simple explanation for things if people were interested enough to look it up.

Fair enough, I know the old ones weren't as strict as the UEFA ones but wasn't sure if they were changing them to match the new ones from next season.
Either way it's interesting times at Chelsea, I'm guessing they have a plan to comply but who knows what it is. I'm hoping they just say "It's our money and we'll spend it" but it could be a prelude to an American Super League breakaway with no relegation and guaranteed incomes which is a concern.

Relax. If that was happening, FSG and the Glazers wouldn't be wanting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.