Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enzo Fernandez and Joao Felix look class.

Mykhailo Mudryk has shown glimpses of unreal talent - but so far, he's no Ian Robbin by a long stretch. He's got potential for sure - but so far, it's just potential.

It's probably far too late for Chelsea to turn this season around - but they've got a ton of on field talent and should easily make top 4 next year.
===
Meanwhile... the massive 600 million+ pound spending by Chelsea (which, by the way I'm 100% OK with) - just serves to highlight how ridiculous the FFP rules are.

Fuck FFP.

City knew the rules and abided by them - with sponsorships. Turns out that governing bodies don't like that - and we're in hot water.

Chelsea's trick is very long term, amortized contracts. What do governing bodies think of that?
===
It's all bullshit.

Let teams spend what they want. The sole criterion I think should be that teams shouldn't be allowed to spend in such a manner that they risk insolvency.
Do you have a problem with them writing a 1.6b debt off and in the previous years getting a “benefit in kind” as they didn’t pay interest on the loan? I do.

Well to make you feel better, we lost to them twice this season. They have 18 points and 6 of them are taken from us.
You better improve next year when we are in the National league and you need to win the PL to save the world from the three pronged Red hell

@Vialli98 I haven't watched a great deal of Chelsea lately, I did see a bit of MOTD on Saturday where Sterling seemed to do a Sterling and somehow not score (twice i think) when it looked easier too., so that despite playing poorly you could have at least got a point.

What is the main problem at the moment, is it Potter's tactics? You seemed to playing 4 at the back, does there at least look to be a plan to how your approaching games?

Is it there is a plan but just players are not performing? Do you think he's still looking for the right combination? Are you getting done in midfield or is it your just not scoring or creating chances?

@Vialli98 I haven't watched a great deal of Chelsea lately, I did see a bit of MOTD on Saturday where Sterling seemed to do a Sterling and somehow not score (twice i think) when it looked easier too., so that despite playing poorly you could have at least got a point.

What is the main problem at the moment, is it Potter's tactics? You seemed to playing 4 at the back, does there at least look to be a plan to how your approaching games?

Is it there is a plan but just players are not performing? Do you think he's still looking for the right combination? Are you getting done in midfield or is it your just not scoring or creating chances?

Sterling actually improved things when he came on. Yes he should have scored those chances, but his introduction elevated our performance. The first half was one of the worst halves of football I've seen from Chelsea for a very long time. Just very abject and disjointed. I'm beginning to lose faith in Potter, if I'm being totally honest. It's all well and good to use the huge number of injuries and the fact that the players need time to gel as a shield from all the bad performances and results but I don't see anything from Potter at the moment. The players look like total strangers.

The only reasons I'm not fully Potter Out just yet is the fact that I believe there's a great coach in him and the fact that it's only been 25 games so far, even though it feels a lot longer. But even if I grant him the benefit of the doubt, there still has to be a certain level Chelsea just cannot fall below and I think we're way worse than what I think is acceptable for a club like ours, especially for a club that has spent as insanely as we have.

Initially we weren't even creating chances. I think we lost on xG in almost every game until Fulham away (Felix debut and red card). Our chance creation has improved since then but we just aren't finishing the chances, prime example being Dortmund away. Overall, excuses can only last for so long. Eventually results are just going to have to improve and if they don't, then that is a sword Potter will have to fall on, unfortunately.

Sterling actually improved things when he came on. Yes he should have scored those chances, but his introduction elevated our performance. The first half was one of the worst halves of football I've seen from Chelsea for a very long time. Just very abject and disjointed. I'm beginning to lose faith in Potter, if I'm being totally honest. It's all well and good to use the huge number of injuries and the fact that the players need time to gel as a shield from all the bad performances and results but I don't see anything from Potter at the moment. The players look like total strangers.

The only reasons I'm not fully Potter Out just yet is the fact that I believe there's a great coach in him and the fact that it's only been 25 games so far, even though it feels a lot longer. But even if I grant him the benefit of the doubt, there still has to be a certain level Chelsea just cannot fall below and I think we're way worse than what I think is acceptable for a club like ours, especially for a club that has spent as insanely as we have.

Initially we weren't even creating chances. I think we lost on xG in almost every game until Fulham away (Felix debut and red card). Our chance creation has improved since then but we just aren't finishing the chances, prime example being Dortmund away. Overall, excuses can only last for so long. Eventually results are just going to have to improve and if they don't, then that is a sword Potter will have to fall on, unfortunately.
Interesting, cheers

id rather imagine all of them being shit.
I'm just a weirdo who finds it boring how easy we're winning it most seasons. Lol. Even when Liverpool have been literally up our arses I've never been worried we wouldn't win it. I'd genuinely like squeaky bum time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.