Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is extraordinary...

Good lord, what a weird time to be a Chelsea fan. On one had you see your club spending incredible amounts and snapping up every young talent left, right, and centre, so you've gotta be excited and hopeful for the future.

But at the same time you're seeing absolute dross on the pitch for several months running and no sign of it coming to an end. I wouldn't even know how to react, I don't think. I'd hate to have bought a season ticket though!
I have a little chuckle to myself everytime I see that long haired defender who we were interested in until we found out they wanted 60mill quid for and Chelsea paid 80 :-))

That is extraordinary...

Good lord, what a weird time to be a Chelsea fan. On one had you see your club spending incredible amounts and snapping up every young talent left, right, and centre, so you've gotta be excited and hopeful for the future.

But at the same time you're seeing absolute dross on the pitch for several months running and no sign of it coming to an end. I wouldn't even know how to react, I don't think. I'd hate to have bought a season ticket though!

For me, it is impossible to defend Potter. What could anyone possibly say in defence of him?

I have a little chuckle to myself everytime I see that long haired defender who we were interested in until we found out they wanted 60mill quid for and Chelsea paid 80 :-))

I mean you do not have make up numbers in order to have a laugh at that transfer.

He's English

I meant a serious defence. Other than the fact that he comes across as extremely likeable and that he's shown himself to be a pretty excellent coach at a lower-mid-table club if given time, I don't see any other valid thing one could say in his defence. It's utterly atrocious and we've long since gone beyond of what is defensible.

still makes me laugh how they conducted themselves in the january transfer window.
It's all well and good splashing the cash (we did something similar in the early post-takeover years, so we can't really knock them too much). But you have to spend it wisely. And I'm not sure they have, on the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.