Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it is impossible to defend Potter. What could anyone possibly say in defence of him?

You could say that he has been given a ridiculously large squad of talented players that he has to form into a coherent unit and keep happy whilst his chairman is out buying even more players like a kid in a sweet shop at Christmas. You can argue Potter is under-achieving, but I would imagine it's almost impossible to manage in those circumstances.

I don't hear any criticism of Boehly from Chelsea fans, he appointed Potter after all, presumably they like the idea of just hoovering up a load of good players. But apparently it's all on Potter.

We won titles with Mancini and with the engineer, I doubt we would bomb like Chelsea have unless we change owners and all the back room staff mate.
They won titles with Maureen, Ancelotti and Conte as well as the champions league under two other coaches. Never say never.

They won titles with Maureen, Ancelotti and Conte as well as the champions league under two other coaches. Never say never.

The chances of us bombing after spending that amount of money the way Chelsea have would be a very difficult thing to achieve mate, for that to happen the club must be run like a chimps tea party.

You could say that he has been given a ridiculously large squad of talented players that he has to form into a coherent unit and keep happy whilst his chairman is out buying even more players like a kid in a sweet shop at Christmas. You can argue Potter is under-achieving, but I would imagine it's almost impossible to manage in those circumstances.

I don't hear any criticism of Boehly from Chelsea fans, he appointed Potter after all, presumably they like the idea of just hoovering up a load of good players. But apparently it's all on Potter.

Yeah those were all things I was saying in this very thread but at some point those reasons start to become hollow excuses when the team keeps losing games. There's no reason for the team to have 3 wins in 16. We went nearly 2 months without a win in any competition before beating Leeds. We're barely scoring any goals. You've seen all the memes about Haaland scoring more that the whole of Chelsea, Real Madrid score more goals in England than Chelsea in 2023 and now a shit player like Fred has scored more goals than Chelsea since WC ended. This stuff is indefensible.

He isn’t Nathan Jones.

I’d take him at Everton if Dyche gets shitcanned.

Yeah I still really like him and I rate him as an excellent coach but I'm just at a point now where I no longer have a leg to stand on when I try to defend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.