Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chavs say sanctions imposed on Abramovich cost them a loss of 121m for 21-22 season despite turnover increasing by around 10%. Also say the sanctions will have repercussions for “years to come”.

This is a fucking joke, they’ve made a 1.6b loan disappear and now this, disingenuous and creative accounting in plain sight,

Premier League is a disgrace if they let them get away with this. They should not have been given the green light to spunk £600m on players this season knowing they were on target for losses, and that’s before the dodgy amortisation contracts they have in place.
American owner? There is your free pass sir, please place it next to the card that says spend what the fuck you want.
FFP, the premier league, UEFA and everyone else connected to these jokers are taking the piss something royal.

American owner? There is your free pass sir, please place it next to the card that says spend what the fuck you want.
FFP, the premier league, UEFA and everyone else connected to these jokers are taking the piss something royal.
We’re getting investigated and meanwhile Chelsea get to spunk ridiculous amounts and nobody questions it. It’s crazy.

Nice to see a civil and friendly conversation here.

I try to keep it as civil as possible in here in the face of provocation but sometimes you have to just defend yourself against posters who argue in bad faith, or are outright rude.

Chavs say sanctions imposed on Abramovich cost them a loss of 121m for 21-22 season despite turnover increasing by around 10%. Also say the sanctions will have repercussions for “years to come”.

This is a fucking joke, they’ve made a 1.6b loan disappear and now this, disingenuous and creative accounting in plain sight,

Premier League is a disgrace if they let them get away with this. They should not have been given the green light to spunk £600m on players this season knowing they were on target for losses, and that’s before the dodgy amortisation contracts they have in place.

I mentioned this to a friend the other day. It's the oddest thing in football but won't be mentioned.

First of all, the government/premier league let Roman buy the club with his shady past and say its fine. Twenty years later, as soon as a war starts they say he's the devil. Freeze his assets, sell his club and supposedly the money goes to the victims of Ukraine. Hmm..

Why aren't Chelsea paying off their debt? Why can't their finances be looked into? If this was dirty money why aren't their consequences? Why did they let this happen for 20 years? Why aren't their finances looked into like Man City's? Why just Man City?

The whole thing stinks badly. They have used charity to mask what's gone on and where all this money has gone and no debt to be paid. I don't believe for one second that's all above board.

I mentioned this to a friend the other day. It's the oddest thing in football but won't be mentioned.

First of all, the government/premier league let Roman buy the club with his shady past and say its fine. Twenty years later, as soon as a war starts they say he's the devil. Freeze his assets, sell his club and supposedly the money goes to the victims of Ukraine. Hmm..

Why aren't Chelsea paying off their debt? Why can't their finances be looked into? If this was dirty money why aren't their consequences? Why did they let this happen for 20 years? Why aren't their finances looked into like Man City's? Why just Man City?

The whole thing stinks badly. They have used charity to mask what's gone on and where all this money has gone and no debt to be paid. I don't believe for one second that's all above board.
Catch 22. The debt now sits on the books of Abramovitch’s company, which is frozen due to sanctions. Debt removed from CFC.

Put far better than I did, think we just want answers especially as we’re being shat on, Everton should have some input here as well due to the potential shafting they could receive.

My understanding is 70%-80% of the debt was pre FFP anyway, so likely a non-factor with any of the governing bodies, so we're not talking about a huge amount of debt, certainly not £1.6B as some keep shouting about in here.

My understanding is 70%-80% of the debt was pre FFP anyway, so likely a non-factor with any of the governing bodies, so we're not talking about a huge amount of debt, certainly not £1.6B as some keep shouting about in here.
But the fact they didn’t have to pay a penny of it back or service the debt meant that every subsequent season they benefited from this transparently fake largesse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.