Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
His appointment of a promising, young English manager and references to a five year plan made me think the early comments about him were lazy stereotypes about American owners in general, but he’s lived up to and surpassed them.

They weren't lazy stereotypes. I put a lot of effort into them :)

Strange team selection, loads of midfielders and barely any threat, I don't know what Frank was trying to do? It's like he has too many players to pick from and doesn't even have a system of play, he's changing it every game.
Madrid just had to sit in and wait for the inevitable chance to come their way, what a mess, this could take a few years to recover

I mean it’s hard to give you a rebuttal that come across as blind faith when we’re sitting in 11th place having the awful season we’re having but I just don’t share your negative outlook on my club or our future.

I don’t what Boehly has done to be so disliked. Yeah spent a lot of money but so have your owners, United and our old owner. It’s neither here nor there though. You’re allowed to think he’s an arrogant twat :)

I think there is a nervousness here, amongst City fans, if not more widely in football, that the real threat to football isn't the super-rich owners who are investing money into the game, but the ever increasing number of American owners who want almost guaranteed returns they can extract from their investment by imposing a US model on football rather than a European model. I think Boehly has got caught up in that, possibly unfairly as I don't think he has mentioned reform of that sort. He does speak, though, in a manner that completely fits the stereotype of the arrogant US businessman, and that is all on him. We will probably see him scheming with the other American owners when he finally realises this football ownership lark is really quite difficult.

Strange team selection, loads of midfielders and barely any threat, I don't know what Frank was trying to do? It's like he has too many players to pick from and doesn't even have a system of play, he's changing it every game.
Madrid just had to sit in and wait for the inevitable chance to come their way, what a mess, this could take a few years to recover

I thought Frank's tactics, whilst odd, almost paid off and he was let down by some atrocious finishing.

Though I accept the argument that he picked players with atrocious finishing.

It's not inconceivable that Chelsea could have been 2-0 up at half time. Fancy Madrid would have found another gear but they had limited threat in the first half and Chelsea had a few sitters. If the plan was to keep it tight and take the chances then bring on the forward players when Madrid's older players were tiring, then I can see the logic and it wasn't a million miles away.

Cucurella is abysmal and we've dodged a massive bullet there.

I actually thought Chelsea were much the better team last night up until the Madrid goal then that killed the game.

Chelsea had numerous chances to score, The problem is that they have nobody to put the ball in the back of the net. All the money they've spent and didn't think of buying a striker is ridiculous.

Numerous players they've bought aren't good enough either. Now they've a problem when Lampard goes and get a new manager in he will want his own players in and possibly not rate the players Chelsea have bought under Potter.

Complete shit show.
It's actually hilarious that they expect raheem to be the main goal scorer

I thought Frank's tactics, whilst odd, almost paid off and he was let down by some atrocious finishing.

Though I accept the argument that he picked players with atrocious finishing.

It's not inconceivable that Chelsea could have been 2-0 up at half time. Fancy Madrid would have found another gear but they had limited threat in the first half and Chelsea had a few sitters. If the plan was to keep it tight and take the chances then bring on the forward players when Madrid's older players were tiring, then I can see the logic and it wasn't a million miles away.

Cucurella is abysmal and we've dodged a massive bullet there.
Agree, but as you say,he didn't have any goalscorers on the pitch and I don't think Madrid had to do much. We know ourselves that if you pick a side and tactics in a champions league game for the first time it is likely to go wrong, I actually think Chelsea have the players to trouble Madrid but not with the way they set up last night.

I doubt it, theres 7 games of the season left for them - it would serve no purpose now.

Have to hold my hands up, I was critical of our sale of Sterling at the time, but the club totally got that right. He is rapidly on decline.

I think Chelsea thought they were buying a genuine goalscorer because he had a decent run in the England side a few years ago and played in a system here that flattered him.

He would still be a decent player and signing in the right team, but if they bought him thinking he's going to bang in goal after goal, which seems so considering they haven't bought real strikers, then they've made a howler of a misjudgement.

It's actually hilarious that they expect raheem to be the main goal scorer
It was always going to be that way, City create numerous amounts of chances during games hence why Sterling always got good numbers at City, Realistically he should of having a lot more goals with us because ge misses an awful lot of chances.

Different ball game at Chelsea, If he gets a chance he has to take it because chances are few and far between. And we all know Raheem isn't clinical on front of goal.

He made his bed. Fuck him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.