Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one more point re owners, Mansour has been unbelievably good ... but he and we are reaping the rewards of the people he appointed.

It seems to me that the team we have at boardroom level are unique. It's like having Mozart, Beethoven and ... em Elvis working together in perfect harmony.

There's a template to follow but is there that level of talent available to fill it?
Must admit though, that guy who fronted the initial take over (sorry, forget his name, SM’s cousin or something) that did worry me, then along came Karl Doon, and everything was good.

Chelsea seem in a right fuckin mess.

Agree, but as you say,he didn't have any goalscorers on the pitch and I don't think Madrid had to do much. We know ourselves that if you pick a side and tactics in a champions league game for the first time it is likely to go wrong, I actually think Chelsea have the players to trouble Madrid but not with the way they set up last night.

I just don't think Lampard knows what he's doing, that was evident flirting with relegation and getting sacked at Everton.

That's why I find the temporary appointment of him a crazy one. The league is gone anyway, literally the only glimmer of hope was the champions league, the smart move would be being in someone that can organise a team. It didn't need to be a sexy name. Just someone that can at least structure a team and then work from there and see what you can do in the Champions League games ahead.

Instead they bring in a manager who seemingly has no clue about how he wants to set a team up or how he wants a team to be play to go up against Ancelotti in the only meaningful games you have left.

It was always going to be that way, City create numerous amounts of chances during games hence why Sterling always got good numbers at City, Realistically he should of having a lot more goals with us because ge misses an awful lot of chances.

Different ball game at Chelsea, If he gets a chance he has to take it because chances are few and far between. And we all know Raheem isn't clinical on front of goal.

He made his bed. Fuck him.
Wouldn't go that far im still rooting for the lad! But agree with the tactical stuff what was he expecting!!

I just don't think Lampard knows what he's doing, that was evident flirting with relegation and getting sacked at Everton.

That's why I find the temporary appointment of him a crazy one. The league is gone anyway, literally the only glimmer of hope was the champions league, the smart move would be being in someone that can organise a team. It didn't need to be a sexy name. Just someone that can at least structure a team and then work from there and see what you can do in the Champions League games ahead.

Instead they bring in a manager who seemingly has no clue about how he wants to set a team up or how he wants a team to be play to go up against Ancelotti in the only meaningful games you have left.
They thought Frank was a win win, get a hero back that the fans will never turn on and I suspect they can't get their preferred target until next season, probably nagglesman...frank just gets worse and worse as a manager and tactician

He does speak, though, in a manner that completely fits the stereotype of the arrogant US businessman, and that is all on him.
For me at least, it's that 'US arrogance' that makes him unlikeable, at least he comes across that way. He came into English football seemingly acting like he has football 'all figured out', as though he has 'cracked the system'.

"I'm gonna fuck this helmet guy and that Russian broad off, who needs these roles in a club anyway? I just need to spend 600mil on superstars, that will win me things, it's that easy guys - money talks, football walks. After that, I'll just hand this star-studded squad over to a YOUNG and UPCOMING coach. Who even needs experience managing big players? Young is always better. Hah, this FFP nonsense can fuck off too, wait till they get a load of my lengthy contracts. ...Man, this European football should really take a look at how us Americans do things and do an annual, meaningless all-stars game, because why the hell not."

For me at least, it's that 'US arrogance' that makes him unlikeable, at least he comes across that way. He came into English football seemingly acting like he has football 'all figured out', as though he has 'cracked the system'.

"I'm gonna fuck this helmet guy and that Russian broad off, who needs these roles in a club anyway? I just need to spend 600mil on superstars, that will win me things, it's that easy guys - money talks, football walks. After that, I'll just hand this star-studded squad over to a YOUNG and UPCOMING coach. Who even needs experience managing big players? Young is always better. Hah, this FFP nonsense can fuck off too, wait till they get a load of my lengthy contracts. ...Man, this European football should really take a look at how us Americans do things and do an annual, meaningless all-stars game, because why the hell not."
I was going to miss the Glazers, but Boehly came in as a replacement. As a bonus, the Glazers are still around. Fun times.

Strange team selection, loads of midfielders and barely any threat, I don't know what Frank was trying to do? It's like he has too many players to pick from and doesn't even have a system of play, he's changing it every game.
Madrid just had to sit in and wait for the inevitable chance to come their way, what a mess, this could take a few years to recover
Strange team selection that saw them miss a host of easy chances.
I thought they played well until Madrid scored their first.
Team selection not the problem.
For Kante to not even hit the target at his first chance was an incredible miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.