Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone gives the glaziers shit but they are forever backing their managers with big money signings and huge wages. What else do they want?

Everyone gives the glaziers shit but they are forever backing their managers with big money signings and huge wages. What else do they want?
Football people to make the decisions on things like transfers and hirings (Woodwood is gone now, but he was behind majority of signings for years)

To have actually not have spent so much, and instead spent wiser.

To not have taken over using debt and transferred that debt onto the club.

Also, to not have a literally rotting, rat-infested home. The big ones with two legs and a full kit are one thing but the furry, cheese-munching kind a bit different ;)

Football people to make the decisions on things like transfers and hirings (Woodwood is gone now, but he was behind majority of signings for years)

To have actually not have spent so much, and instead spent wiser.

To not have taken over using debt and transferred that debt onto the club.

Also, to not have a literally rotting, rat-infested home. The big ones with two legs and a full kit are one thing but the furry, cheese-munching kind a bit different ;)
Yes they didn't have a good director of football, but who had way back when Txiki started to craft his magic.

Maybe it's very difficult to unearth a Txiki? And that's why the Glaziers have been stuck giving managers exactly what they ask for or Chelsea getting exactly what Boehly wanted? They just don't have someone as genius. So in that case can you blame them. They are only trying their best, the poor sods.

Just one more point re owners, Mansour has been unbelievably good ... but he and we are reaping the rewards of the people he appointed.

It seems to me that the team we have at boardroom level are unique. It's like having Mozart, Beethoven and ... em Elvis working together in perfect harmony.

There's a template to follow but is there that level of talent available to fill it?

Last edited:
Not to mortgage their club to the hilt, base every decision on how you can increase the valuation of the enterprise and meet current debt servicing obligations, then look to sell the club to the highest bidder, most of which plan to structure the acquisition via another heavily leveraged buyout.

You know, the basics.

I mean it’s hard to give you a rebuttal that come across as blind faith when we’re sitting in 11th place having the awful season we’re having but I just don’t share your negative outlook on my club or our future.

I don’t what Boehly has done to be so disliked. Yeah spent a lot of money but so have your owners, United and our old owner. It’s neither here nor there though. You’re allowed to think he’s an arrogant twat :)

I admire your positivity.

From the outside in I see ...

Arsenal stable and set for a CL money boost, which is a bit of a disaster for other London clubs.
United more stable than at any time since the Glazers took over
Newcastle acting sensibly.
City are looking quite good.
Liverpool will be competitive again when they actually have a midfield next season
Spurs are a mess tbf.

Chelsea - will finish 14th or 15th and have spaffed their transfer budget on a mixed bunch, of who the most important are mostly veterans past their peak.

Honestly I don't think people are realising that Chelsea have gone through a paradigm shift. It's not necessarily a blip. I'd be concerned that he's going to make you the new Everton.

Strangely enough I`ve just been reading a very good article by Phil McNulty from the Beebs website and he really has gone to town on the owners but in a very constructive way.
I have read that article. You’re right it is good. I had to check it really was written by McNulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.