Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Fair enough. But you can only make a first impression once. And my first impression of him was that he is an arrogant twat arsehole. It's a long way back!

Yeah, I'm not on a crusade to clear Boehly's name, so I can understand what you're saying about the impression he leaves on people. Loads of Chelsea fans haven't a liking to him either

To be fair, I don't think that making a good impression with the City fan base was at the top of his agenda!

As a Chelsea fan I did research Boehly and other potential buyers during the bidding process. My feeling was (and is) that he was the best choice, all things considered. He wants to win as a priority, and the financial backing demonstrated so far, albeit chaotically, supports that.

And as far as being arrogant, I just don't see that but it's subjective I guess.

I'd like to think that sensible Chelsea fans will realise that what happened to our club as a result of Putin is going to take quite a while to work through. And in the mean time fans of rival clubs can enjoy watching one of the strongest prem teams of the last twenty years go through the pain. I would :)

It is fun, isn't it? :)

Yeah, I'm not on a crusade to clear Boehly's name, so I can understand what you're saying about the impression he leaves on people. Loads of Chelsea fans haven't a liking to him either
My guess as to why some Chelsea fans may not like him right now is mostly because we've been terrible since he took over. If we turn things around next season and return to being a force, then I suspect Boehly will be lauded by the SB faithful and all the pain of this season will be forgotten.

Let's face it, popularity in football is inextricably linked to on-field success.

Career total = 576 games, 273 goals - roughly one goal every two games.
The weaker Italian league that had 3 of the last 8 CL teams and probably 2 of the last 4, that league?
It's a weaker league. Plus he's being outscored and kept on the bench by a 36 year old Dzeko.

Lukaku is done, at least as far as wearing a Chelsea shirt. He's a write-off for us I think. I'd swap him for a packet of Monster Munch. I must admit I thought buying him would work, but it didn't.

Sterling I knew wouldn't work. Anyone with two eyeballs could see his powers were on the decline while still at City. A great bit of business for MCFC to jog him on and for a decent fee too. Sterling is pretty much at the top of my list of players I wan't to see sold this summer.

Lukaku is done, at least as far as wearing a Chelsea shirt. He's a write-off for us I think. I'd swayp him for a packet of Monster Munch. I must admit I thought buying him would work, but it didn't.

Sterling I knew wouldn't work. Anyone with two eyeballs could see his powers were on the decline while still at City. A great bit of business for MCFC to jog him on and for a decent fee too. Sterling is pretty much at the top of my list of players I wan't to see sold this summer.
You'll just have to continue with Kante playing up front then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.