Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think the offer of 2.2b was a joke offer? How much do think Chelsea is actually worth?
Well, apparently 4.5 billion.

But if the Rags are indeed to be sold for 7 billion in the coming months or year, then by comparison I’d put Chelsea in the state it was when Boehly bought it at 8 billion. Of course, that’s in large part because Utd are being overvalued, rather than Chelsea being undervalued, but still.

(The value of Chelsea FC will absolutely nosedive if this form carries on for three or more seasons though, and if the unlikely but still within the realms possibility they don’t survive the drop, it would be catastrophic for the value of the club, and for the club in general. Seven games to avoid that possibility…)

You're most likely right, and Chelsea fans aren't exactly known for their patience and clear-mindedness, so it would be completely on brand for some of us to already dislike him before he's managed to get properly settled in.

When you take a step back from the everything and view the whole picture with everything that has happened from this time last year to now, it's a lot - Ukraine war, forced and hostile ownership change, lost key players to free agency, then the transfer window opened immediately after the takeover was complete and then first clashes with high ranking personnel hold over from the previous ownership and then coach fired whilst trying to rebuild a proper football structure from ground up. All of this in the span of about 4-5 months.

The mistake they made was trying to do too much too quickly. There was no need to spend 300m in the summer immediately after the takeover other than wanting to be seen making a statement to the fans. A more measured approach would have been much better but oh well, we're here now and hopefully with the structure now in place, if they get the right manager in (Luis Enrique), hopefully we'll start trending upwards.
Why would a top manager go there? Chaotic dressing room, no CL, owner flailing around. I’d steer clear for a year or two.

But if the Rags are indeed to be sold for 7 billion in the coming months or year, then by comparison I’d put Chelsea in the state it was when Boehly bought it at 8 billion. Of course, that’s in large part because Utd are being overvalued, rather than Chelsea being undervalued, but still.

(The value of Chelsea FC will absolutely nosedive if this form carries on for three or more seasons though, and if the unlikely but still within the realms possibility they don’t survive the drop, it would be catastrophic for the value of the club, and for the club in general. Seven games to avoid that possibility…)
Based on current comparable valuations, I put our value at somewhere between 1.1 and 1.6 trillion.

Why would a top manager go there? Chaotic dressing room, no CL, owner flailing around. I’d steer clear for a year or two.

Because we're Chelsea. The only manager who turned us down due to the way the club was run was Pep. Most managers would love to a) have a club like Chelsea on their CV and b) being at Chelsea comes with being able spend in the market and you get to manage very talented players and c) if you get sacked it's rarely a bad reflection on your reputation (unless you have a truly disastrous time) because people will always look at it like 'typical Chelsea, never give managers time'.

Chelsea are one of the most popular clubs on the planet. Only Juve, PSG, Utd, Barca and Real have bigger fan bases.
I can see "the special one" going back for a 3rd spell
I don't think so. I hope not.

You think Chelsea are worth more than United?

The 4.5b was actually closer to 2.5b and a further promise of 1.75b investment over the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.