Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roman(managerial sackings aside), was a great owner, both for Chelsea and the league.
Abramovich was a great owner for Chelsea fans who were happy to ignore where his money came from and enjoy the success. The guy is a glorified gangster. Terrible in so many ways that he was allowed to own an English football club. I say this as someone who was briefly employed by CFC during the Abramovich era.

Fucking hell!! Lol.
Football teams gain fans generally due to visibility and success. Chelsea have been highly visible and winning both domestic and European titles reasonably regularly since the early 2000s. A lot of those fans may be fair-weather/ occasional, but that's the way it is for all teams.

When Shiekh Mansur took over City they briefly became the most supported team in England, apparently.

In 2022 Man Utd saw a 19% drop-off in fan base, while Man City saw a 523% increase.

According to stats on international fan bases, yes.

I think maybe you're confusing local fan bases with international ones. I do appreciate that numbers and therefore rankings can vary a little depending upon the metrics used, but the point remains solid - Chelsea are one of the most popular teams on the planet.

Chelsea: 106.5m
Liverpool: 101.6m
Bayern: 94.9m
Manchester City: 86.9m
So people who have bought a shirt or watched a match on the telly?

United have been down this road. Claiming that 1 in 3 people in the world are rags because they have googled them.

So people who have bought a shirt or watched a match on the telly?

United have been down this road. Claiming that 1 in 3 people in the world are rags because they have googled them.
I really doubt that watching a game on tv would count towards any of the stat gatherers' metrics.

There are lots of stats out there which you can Google and decide for yourself on whether or not they are worthy of any credibility.

My only point, which I stand by and is calculable based upon multiple metrics, is that Chelsea are one of the most popular teams internationally as of this moment.

I dare say that if we carry on in our current downward spiral and City continue on their path, then City will eclipse Chelsea in the coming years.

Last edited:
I really doubt that watching a game on tv woulds count towards any of the stat gatherers' metrics.

There are lots of stats out there which you can Google and decide for yourself on whether or not they are worthy of any credibility.

My only point, which I stand by and is calculable based upon multiple metrics, is that Chelsea are one of the most popular teams internationally as of this moment.

I dare say that if we carry on in our current downward spiral and City continue on their path, then City will eclipse Chelsea in the coming years.
I agree on the stats thing. You can use them to prove anything you want. 94.7% of facts are made up on the spot.

Fuck me, counting fans?
Not at all.

Someone here posted that they couldn't see why a top manager would consider coming to Chelsea right now, and I pointed out that we remain, at this moment, one of the most popular teams internationally.

The guys who analyse fan metrics count fans. I don't :)

Having said that, I don’t buy VOOMER’s argument that Boehly would have known Johnson was going to suspend Russian assets before Johnson knew himself, much less so before the war had even began.
Of course he would have know, Blue Partners Ltd brokered the deal. Johnson will have alerted all his cronies, over months as the whole thing was a PR stunt.

To be fair, I don't think that making a good impression with the City fan base was at the top of his agenda!

As a Chelsea fan I did research Boehly and other potential buyers during the bidding process. My feeling was (and is) that he was the best choice, all things considered. He wants to win as a priority, and the financial backing demonstrated so far, albeit chaotically, supports that.

And as far as being arrogant, I just don't see that but it's subjective I guess.

I'd like to think that sensible Chelsea fans will realise that what happened to our club as a result of Putin is going to take quite a while to work through. And in the mean time fans of rival clubs can enjoy watching one of the strongest prem teams of the last twenty years go through the pain. I would :)
what putin did too your club, you mean one of putin's gangsters, because that's what he was, bent as fuck, as for having to work through it, you've just had 1.5 billion wiped off your debt, its fucking shocking what chelsea have got away with.if beohly was your best choice,i wouldn't of like to see the rest the guy is a clown football wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.