Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're most likely right, and Chelsea fans aren't exactly known for their patience and clear-mindedness, so it would be completely on brand for some of us to already dislike him before he's managed to get properly settled in.

When you take a step back from the everything and view the whole picture with everything that has happened from this time last year to now, it's a lot - Ukraine war, forced and hostile ownership change, lost key players to free agency, then the transfer window opened immediately after the takeover was complete and then first clashes with high ranking personnel hold over from the previous ownership and then coach fired whilst trying to rebuild a proper football structure from ground up. All of this in the span of about 4-5 months.

The mistake they made was trying to do too much too quickly. There was no need to spend 300m in the summer immediately after the takeover other than wanting to be seen making a statement to the fans. A more measured approach would have been much better but oh well, we're here now and hopefully with the structure now in place, if they get the right manager in (Luis Enrique), hopefully we'll start trending upwards.

Roman(managerial sackings aside), was a great owner, both for Chelsea and the league.

Chelsea are one of the most popular clubs on the planet. Only Juve, PSG, Utd, Barca and Real have bigger fan bases.
This kind of shite always amuses me. Do you have a bigger fan base than Boca Juniors? River Plate? Al Ahly? Bayern Munich? Celtic? Rangers? AC Milan? Inter Milan? Benfica? Liverpool? Ajax?

You think Chelsea are worth more than United?

The 4.5b was actually closer to 2.5b and a further promise of 1.75b investment over the coming years.
At the time Boehly bought in, yes I did. They were European champions, weren’t suffering from 10+ years of mismanagement like Utd, the stadium whilst it will be usurped in time, is still in much better nick than the swamp, and on the face of it all of CFC’s assets were more valuable at that point.

I would still say right now CFC would represent a better investment, but it depends on how quickly they recover from what has happened since Boehly arrived - and to repeat, if Chelsea go down they will be worth vastly reduced figures.

Roman(managerial sackings aside), was a great owner, both for Chelsea and the league.

I think his lack of foresight and planning started the decline in 2017. Yes we popped up to a win CL in 2021 but that was more of a situation of lightening striking for us than anything we had planned and worked towards. I honestly think his methods of hiring and firing managers was working fine until Pep rocked up at City (and to a lesser extent Klopp at Liverpool) and proved to so incredibly consistent that no matter who we hired would always fall short of what Pep was doing at City.

We pretty much became a cup team in the last 5 years of his ownership and I think, unless he miraculously changed his ways, we would have continued to decline and be left behind by City (and then Newcastle who also look like they're well run).

The takeover happening when it did really solidified his legacy at Chelsea.

At the time Boehly bought in, yes I did. They were European champions, weren’t suffering from 10+ years of mismanagement like Utd, the stadium whilst it will be usurped in time, is still in much better nick than the swamp, and on the face of it all of CFC’s assets were more valuable at that point.

I would still say right now CFC would represent a better investment, but it depends on how quickly they recover from what has happened since Boehly arrived - and to repeat, if Chelsea go down they will be worth vastly reduced figures.

Fair enough. I don't know if I agree with that.

Fair enough. I don't know if I agree with that.
Having said that, I don’t buy VOOMER’s argument that Boehly would have known Johnson was going to suspend Russian assets before Johnson knew himself, much less so before the war had even began.

As I was watching the game last night, nice glass of Jack in hand, as I reserve that only for UCL nights, I saw some bruised egos trying for the first time in a while at Chelsea. It was interesting, and then the most expected collapse since the realisation of saggy tits on an old woman, came when Rodrygo said, I have had enough and woke up from what was a training session in London. Nice try, probably a bit late.

Chelsea are reaping what they sowed allowing a frankly ghastly idiotic man, with far too much money, to play FIFA Career mode and expect the game is set on easy, only to find the game is bugged on the hardest difficulty and the guy playing can't see and has only 1 hand. Reality is often cruel, as City fans we have learnt this over the last few years, in many moments. I still chuckled a bit, I must be honest.

The reason for my smile however was none other than Sterling and Cucurella. Much has been said about the two of them. I can probably still reserve a gargantuan "HaHa". Because life, and football is funny like that.

This kind of shite always amuses me. Do you have a bigger fan base than Boca Juniors? River Plate? Al Ahly? Bayern Munich? Celtic? Rangers? AC Milan? Inter Milan? Benfica? Liverpool? Ajax?
According to stats on international fan bases, yes.

I think maybe you're confusing local fan bases with international ones. I do appreciate that numbers and therefore rankings can vary a little depending upon the metrics used, but the point remains solid - Chelsea are one of the most popular teams on the planet.

Chelsea: 106.5m
Liverpool: 101.6m
Bayern: 94.9m
Manchester City: 86.9m

According to stats on international fan bases, yes.

I think maybe you're confusing local fan bases with international ones. I do appreciate that numbers and therefore rankings can vary a little depending upon the metrics used, but the point remains solid - Chelsea are one of the most popular teams on the planet.

Chelsea: 106.5m
Liverpool: 101.6m
Bayern: 94.9m
Manchester City: 86.9m

I wonder how they count fans? It's a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.