Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, hear that bro. Totally reasonable perspective. Like I said, he wasn't top of my wish list at the outset.

However, I do believe he's a much safer bet than Potter, and we need some stability as a matter of urgency. He's a solid choice rather than a super exciting one, maybe?

If Poch just about managed to drag us into the top four next season I'd take that given the current situation.

Lets face it, we haven't been serious title contenders for circa five years now. We need to stabilise before we push on.
Definitely need to stabilise bud,this manager revolving door you have is nuts, look at Arsenal last season,especially their opening 5 games,but they stuck with Mikel and he’s turned it around for them

I think your top dogs just need to focus on top 4 for next season, then build from there, give Potch a season at the very least

No mate, Mansour hasn't gotten involved. He bought the club, appointed Khaldoon Al Mubarak to run it and stayed out after that. Khaldoon in turn appointed footballing people to run the club (Brian Marwood, Txiki Berigistain and to a lesser extent Ferran Soriano) and just oversees them as chairman. Both men know their limitations.
You're still going on about the issue of involvement mate, despite me already explaining to you that I only referred to Mansour as an example (given this is a City forum) to point out that all owners, and especially new ones, will make mistakes.

You're still going on about the issue of involvement mate, despite me already explaining to you that I only referred to Mansour as an example (given this is a City forum) to point out that all owners, and especially new ones, will make mistakes.
Show me a mistake by Mansour.

Perhaps you could tell us of any cos I can't see any.
I'm not here, and have no desire to critique Mansour or City.

My posts today were actually focused on Pochettino's apparently imminent appointment as Chelsea manager.

If you want someone to critique your owner, maybe try UEFA or the FA :)

Show me a mistake by Mansour.
I'd be the first to say (and in fact recall saying specifically on this forum previously) that Man City are suberbly run as far as having a single cohesive approach to being a successful football club. Maybe one of the best.

All I was ever saying is that everyone makes mistakes at first, and that Boehly has had the burden or considerably more expectation on his shoulders than either Mansour or Abramovich would have had when they started out.

And as I already said to another person here, I posted today regarding Pochettino and his apparently imminent appointment as Chelsea manager, and not to discuss owners.

Let's just agree that overall Mansour has been transformative for City, and you should rightly be protective of him given what he's done for your club.

That's how we felt about Roman.

I don't think you'll find many Chelsea fans professing love for Pochettino. After all, he's a Spud, at least until such time as he proves otherwise.

I'd guess that most Chels are like me - pragmatic about the appointment given where we've been since the change of ownership.

I don't know much about Gallardo, except for the fact he's been super successful so far in Argentina.

His name was mentioned in the media as a possible for us and who knows if there was ever any actual contact, but bringing someone in with no European experience would've been another big gamble.

And when you've already gambled and lost, the last thing you want to do is place another risky bet.

As I've said here already, I think Poch represents one of the safer options for us at this point. He knows the Prem, speaks good English, and has experience of managing at the top level.

All in all I want to take this appointment as a sign that Boehly has had a word with himself and decided to make a safer bet in order to restore some order to a club that did not know this level of chaos under the previous management.
How's proven mediocrity a safe bet? Sure, anything would be better than the 5 defenders, 4 MCs, 1 winger lineups that Lampard is throwing out there, but if you really want to build something special for the future, Pochettino just isn't your guy.

What does Pochettino bring to the table? What's his trademark? What's the characteristic that you see on his teams that makes you think "yep, this a Pochettino team"? He's the most vanilla coach, with the most vanilla results.

There has to be more going on at Chelsea than meets the eye. They are in complete free fall and I am not quite sure what Pochettino brings to the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.