Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
My perspective on Pochettino, at the outset of this latest Chelsea managerial merry-go-round, was that I didn't favour him over other potentials.

However, the more I've thought about it, the more I think that he might be the best candidate at this particular moment.

Chelsea are pretty much rudderless at the moment, and whatever Poch's overall abilities are (or aren't) at the very top where fine margins win titles, I think he'll at least be able to bring some order to the current chaos.

My bar is lower in comparison to pre Ukraine times.

My perspective on Pochettino, at the outset of this latest Chelsea managerial merry-go-round, was that I didn't favour him over other potentials.

However, the more I've thought about it, the more I think that he might be the best candidate at this particular moment.

Chelsea are pretty much rudderless at the moment, and whatever Poch's overall abilities are (or aren't) at the very top where fine margins win titles, I think he'll at least be able to bring some order to the current chaos.

My bar is lower in comparison to pre Ukraine times.
Odd one for me bud,he hardly pulled up any trees at PSG and that’s a one team league

Odd one for me bud,he hardly pulled up any trees at PSG and that’s a one team league
Yep, hear that bro. Totally reasonable perspective. Like I said, he wasn't top of my wish list at the outset.

However, I do believe he's a much safer bet than Potter, and we need some stability as a matter of urgency. He's a solid choice rather than a super exciting one, maybe?

If Poch just about managed to drag us into the top four next season I'd take that given the current situation.

Lets face it, we haven't been serious title contenders for circa five years now. We need to stabilise before we push on.

Re PSG, I think most football fans probably realise that it's a difficult place to manage at in the longer term.

The Qatar ownership have one simple rule - win the champions league or you're gone.

Poch came in half way through a season and failed to catch Lille.

In his only full season he won the league by 15 points - the biggest margin of victory in the top five European leagues that year.

Poch's PSG were beaten at the last 16 stage of the CL by eventual winners Real Madrid, and that was in contravention to the one rule of the management as stated above.

Potch all but confirmed.

The Spurs fans will be so happy for him...
What's with the love Pochettino gets in Europe? A coach that never won anything of note. The literal definition of mediocrity. Gallardo >>>>>>>>>> Pochettino, just to name an example.
I agree.

The English media will hype him to fuck. Potch struggled with Levy. He won't cope with James Fucking Cordon being made his number 2 by the Toddster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.