Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever we concede the first thing my eldest says to me is, 'was that a decent strike or just another example of how shit Kepa is.'

The same son also said, tonight, 'how fucking embarrassing that we spend circa £600m yet still don't have a striker or a keeper worth the name.'

Yep, we've been, absolutely fucked by the UK Government. Turned us in little more than a year from one of the Prem's strongest teams into a side who would probably struggle in League 2.
Agree that the government interference didn't help but Chelsea are this seasons United.
No leadership, no plans, no long term project. No vision
Just buy a shed load of players at over inflated prices / top wages and hope they will gel. It's taken United 10 years to get where they are (4th) with 6 managers and they are still a million miles away from winning the Premier League because they had no one there who knew how to run a football club.
The new manager will want to come in and have to shift players out in order to get players he wants in. The club will be taking a hefty loss on those purchases and most likely subsidising wages for the next 3 to 4 years. And those players who don't fancy a move will be sitting there collecting a lovely pay cheque every month when not even in the squad. The rags only have Phil Jones in that position. Chelsea are going to get shafted.
The one saving grace is Chelsea won't be breaking FFP rules as they only apply to clubs playing in European competitions...

Last edited:
It’ll be a cricket score v these on 21st.

For his own sake, Lampard should disappear from football in the summer. Enjoy his fortune with his family.

Agree that the government interference didn't help but Chelsea are this seasons United.
No leadership, no plans, no long term project. No vision
Just buy a shed load of players at over inflated prices / top wages and hope they will gel. It's taken United 10 years to get where they are (4th) with 6 managers and they are still a million miles away from winning the Premier League because they had no one there who knew how to run a football club.
The new manager will want to come in and have to shift players out in order to get players he wants in. The club will be taking a hefty loss on those purchases and most likely subsidising wages for the next 3 to 4 years. And those players who don't fancy a move will be sitting there collecting a lovely pay cheque every month when not even in the squad. The rags only have Phil Jones in that position. Chelsea are going to get shafted.
The one saving grace is Chelsea won't be breaking FFP rules as they only apply to clubs playing in European competitions...

& 8 year contracts, imagine if Danny Mills had thought of that.

Whenever we concede the first thing my eldest says to me is, 'was that a decent strike or just another example of how shit Kepa is.'

The same son also said, tonight, 'how fucking embarrassing that we spend circa £600m yet still don't have a striker or a keeper worth the name.'

Yep, we've been, absolutely fucked by the UK Government. Turned us in little more than a year from one of the Prem's strongest teams into a side who would probably struggle in League 2.
You’re blaming the wrong govt. it’s that despot in charge of the Russian one you should be blaming, and Abramovic’s ties to him.

I think there were close to 900 individuals who faced sanctions by Britain and the EU combined. Abramovic is just one of them. Even if Britain hadn’t sanctioned him, the EU would have. And it’s all that little troll’s fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re blaming the wrong govt. it’s that despot in charge of the Russian one you should be blaming, and Abramovic’s ties to him.

I think there were close to 900 individuals who faced sanctions by Britain and the EU combined. Abramovic is just one of them. And it’s all that little troll’s fault.

But none of that matters. The club has only become a basket case under the new owners. The circumstances of the ownership change have nothing to do with it.

By the way, I see Boehly has gone quiet with his idiot ramblings about how to improve a game he doesn't understand. Long may it continue.

Chelsea are currently the joint second worst team in the Premier League. Probably playing the worst football in the Premier League.

Since Game 12 when they were 4th in the table, the records of the worst sides are:

Forest………….P23 W6 D6 L11 F23 A42 GD-19 Pts24/69
Everton……….P23 W4 D7 L12 F19 A40 GD-21 Pts19/69
Chelsea……….P21 W4 D6 L11 F14 A24 GD-10 Pts18/63
Leeds…………..P22 W4 D6 L12 F28 A48 GD-20 Pts18/66
Southampton P22 W4 D3 L16 F16 A40 GD-24 Pts15/66

Thomas Tuchel got 10 points after just 6 games by 3rd September.

Chelsea’s current form over the season would get them relegated.

They are in a very expensive mess with no paper !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.