Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure they can put out a good side out of all the players they have. Aubamayang is woeful, sterling way past his best and throwing his arms about and their best defender is about 40!
Has to be a fire sale to progress, it'll be another 3 steps back to go 1 forward, which is lovely

@ASHCFC. I have decided we are not compatible, so I shall not be having your babies. 34 minutes last night convinced me. I am truly sorry, but I’m sure you will find new friends in the Championship.
You could ask a few Blues what it was like having Swales as chairman, resident know all and narcissist.
”I think American sports can teach you a few things.” Right.

Last edited:
I think he has checked out.

He clearly doesn't have any passion for the game,he hasn't had such for about 3 seasons now.

29 at the end of this year,he should be in his prime.

Such a waste.

I did an online meet and greet with Sterling during his last season along with a few other city fans. It was so obvious he didn't want to be there and didn't give a shit. There was one fan who was a proper Sterling fangirl and he couldn't have been less interested or engaging. I think youre right that sadly he's just lost his mojo for the game and if Pep sensed that he was always finished here.

Although I should say that our new owners have played a pivotal role.

Just imagine leaving the football side the fuck alone, keeping Tuchel, and just giving him money for the players he wants.
There was a row apparently when Tuchel refused entry to the dressing room to guests of Boehly. The chairman did not know that in English football, the dressing room is the Manager‘s sacrosanct fiefdom. Beware of Culture difference.

I did an online meet and greet with Sterling during his last season along with a few other city fans. It was so obvious he didn't want to be there and didn't give a shit. There was one fan who was a proper Sterling fangirl and he couldn't have been less interested or engaging. I think youre right that sadly he's just lost his mojo for the game and if Pep sensed that he was always finished here.

His body language was appalling for his least 18 months when he was with us,he was a poison in the squad,and yet many refused to see it.

Its easy to forget he burst on to the scene 11 years ago aged 17,playing for both Liverpool and England.I guess its all caught up with him a bit and im not convinced he will ever rekindle the love.

While he isnt the biggest of Chelsea's problems,along with other mercenaries they have spunked millions on......he is a significant part,and they will find it incredibly difficult to get him/them off the books.

A club in turmoil,and any manager taking the reigns is setting themselves for a fall.

Lampard could be the first manager to take two teams to relegation in one season lol
John Bond came close. When we were doomed he fucked off to Burnley who only just escaped iirc. They were relegated the next year.

Agree that the government interference didn't help but Chelsea are this seasons United.
No leadership, no plans, no long term project. No vision
Just buy a shed load of players at over inflated prices / top wages and hope they will gel. It's taken United 10 years to get where they are (4th) with 6 managers and they are still a million miles away from winning the Premier League because they had no one there who knew how to run a football club.
The new manager will want to come in and have to shift players out in order to get players he wants in. The club will be taking a hefty loss on those purchases and most likely subsidising wages for the next 3 to 4 years. And those players who don't fancy a move will be sitting there collecting a lovely pay cheque every month when not even in the squad. The rags only have Phil Jones in that position. Chelsea are going to get shafted.
The one saving grace is Chelsea won't be breaking FFP rules as they only apply to clubs playing in European competitions...
Those long player contracts don’t look quite so clever now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.