Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the sanction be worse if they did not qualify for Europe?
UEFA said they could not pursue the dippers in the same circumstances.
They wouldn't have income from European football, which would worsen their financial position I assume. A European ban is hardly likely to trouble them anyway as they aren't going to qualify.

They wouldn't have income from European football, which would worsen their financial position I assume. A European ban is hardly likely to trouble them anyway as they aren't going to qualify.
But why would they sanction them at all, when they declined even to charge the dippers on the grounds that they only pursued UEFA tournament qualifiers?

Question for Chelsea fans.
I read that Chelsea were boasting that they had worked out a method to “completely revolutionise” football.
Is this true? If so, what was it?
I have no idea. Sounds weird. Do you have a link to the article?

Think they'll be alright next season.

They currently remind me a lot of how City were immediately after the Sheikh took over - they've got a squad that's too big and full of players who don't know where they're going to be in 6-12 months time. It all makes for a disjointed training ground atmosphere and disjointed performances.

Easy to forget that we were in the bottom three at Christmas in 2008 and suffering from the same problems. You had players like Ball, Vassell, Garrido, Petrov, Hamann, etc. who had been key players under Sven but didn't know if they were going to get to last the season.

Then the January window came around, we signed Bridge, Bellamy, Given, and De Jong and made it clear to a bunch of lads in the team that they weren't required anymore. Suddenly everyone knew where they stood and we went from 18th to 10th over the second half of the season.

Chelsea will flog between eight and ten of their players this summer. Once the squad is trimmed back down to 20 or so, Pochettino will have a better idea of what he's working with, the players will know where they stand, and without any European football they should be fit enough to get top 6.

But why would they sanction them at all, when they declined even to charge the dippers on the grounds that they only pursued UEFA tournament qualifiers?
Maybe it's to do with the new rules. No idea really.

I think it was just a poorly worded article that was trying to say that Chelsea are likely to fall foul of the new FFP regulations and that failure to qualify for Europe is only going to make that worse/more likely.

I know it’s an emotional reaction and not rational one but I would terminate his contract. I just can’t abide by that kind of lack of effort. Him and Auba were a disgrace last night. There’s a lot wrong at the club but one thing a player is in control of is the effort they put in and watching Sterling last night made me angry.
Pep pushed him to the heights for a couple of seasons but, for me, Raheem was never a great player, certainly not a great finisher. But the sad thing about his decline is you could never accuse him of lack of effort during his time at City. The problem for some players is that once they have won a few trophies they lose their hunger. Raheem is not the first one to do this. He was sensational for City in 2017/18 as part of the Centurions team so he still has a decent legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.