Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have a problem with Boehly specifically but I think letting the sporting directors handle the process now is maybe him admitting he got it all kinds of wrong last time. He’s stepped back from handling transfers which is great and he’s now stepping back even more to let the sporting directors handle this process. It’s like the operations structure is almost complete and he can now let the experts do what they were hired to do.

But I will say there are quite a few Chelsea who share your feelings on Boehly.
sacked a highly respected coach, a coach that has been employed by one of the top european powers since
employed a high potential manager given him a 10m pa 5 year contract,because he was the future vision and culture change, then lost patience
overspent 600m on a raft of random players
touch and go with ffp
struggling to get into the top four and the money that means.
christ knows what your wage bill is a year

he has done well in the 11 months or so hes been in charge , he must have because you don't have a problem,surely he should of set a few alarm bells off inside you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230405_143000_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230405_143000_Google.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 30
Been a awful move for him, had gone there expecting to hit the high he had with us and he has been awful for them scored a few goals but nothing special, had his house burgled in London while he was away with England and had injuries when he hardly ever got a injury for us.
It just goes to prove the grass isn't always greener.

I don’t think it was too much to expect slightly better results. I’m pretty sure he would still be in the job if we were 6th or 7th which would still be massively underperforming but we would have at least won enough games to say okay fine let’s see what he can do when the squad is trimmed and he’s had a preseason. Are you saying 11th place in April is the ceiling for this team because we have a bloated squad?
This is the ceiling for this squad at this time under any manager, yeah pretty much. The club is in too much of a mess. If you can’t even run a proper training session due to the huge squad size, how do expect to compete across a full season?

If anyone has their heads screwed on at that place, there will be a firesale at the club in the summer and that will go some length towards sorting out a lot of it’s problems.

This is the ceiling for this squad at this time under any manager, yeah pretty much. The club is in too much of a mess. If you can’t even run a proper training session due to the huge squad size, how do expect to compete across a full season?

If anyone has their heads screwed on at that place, there will be a firesale at the club in the summer and that will go some length towards sorting out a lot of it’s problems.
Chelsea have been in disarray for so long now people don't take much notice of them. You mention the name in a footballing context and people stifle a yawn: managerial merry-go-round, incredible amounts of money thrown around in order to attract the big names, but you always feel they are teetering on the cusp of disaster.

The days of the Kremlin may be over, but I feel years and years of mis-management are going to catch up with them.

I guess I disagree. I don't see any reasonable excuse to be sitting in 11th. The task wasn't even to compete. A transition season was expected and accepted but there is still a certain below you just cannot fall. If we were sitting in the bottom 3, would you still be saying 'oh well nothing Potter or any other manager can do with such a bloated squad'?

I guess I disagree. I don't see any reasonable excuse to be sitting in 11th. The task wasn't even to compete. A transition season was expected and accepted but there is still a certain below you just cannot fall. If we were sitting in the bottom 3, would you still be saying 'oh well nothing Potter or any other manager can do with such a bloated squad'?

Will let you know at the end of the season :)

Thought Enrique would be our next manager
Tad dissapoinring this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.