Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am struggling to understand how spending a billion pounds has actually made them worse. I mean how is that even possible. Who is running the club

It’s because we’ve loaded up on young talent. I don’t think we’ve signed anyone over the age of 23 apart from Disasi and Sanchez. Paid for potential, now it’s up to Poch to develop them into a cohesive unit.

is bringing two clubs from being absolutely appalling to mediocre doing well, pochettino is one of those emperors new clothes kind of managers in that he is consistently linked with every top job and nobody quite knows why

I mean it’s relative isn’t it? Southampton’s bar for success isn’t top 4 or top 6. It’s comfortable safety whilst developing their your talents and playing entertaining football. He did that. At Spurs it’s more complicated but I think overall he did pretty well there. What they’ve done before and after him should suggest his spell there was the best for Spurs in the last 20 years.

He can’t use the excuse he hasn’t been backed in the market. He needs to get them whittled down to the core group of players he wants to work with and get them gelling together as a team. He’s got more than enough resources playing staff wise compared to the likes of Klopp and Ten Hag. He has to start getting results otherwise the knives could be out by January, early days yet though.
Sure, but he probably isn’t choosing who they buy.

I mean it’s relative isn’t it? Southampton’s bar for success isn’t top 4 or top 6. It’s comfortable safety whilst developing their your talents and playing entertaining football. He did that. At Spurs it’s more complicated but I think overall he did pretty well there. What they’ve done before and after him should suggest his spell there was the best for Spurs in the last 20 years.

Poch will have to develop this young squad finish in champs positions this season then next season win trophies or do you think just champs league for Chelsea next 2/3 years is fine if your building a team like Arteta has built at Arsenal?

It’s because we’ve loaded up on young talent. I don’t think we’ve signed anyone over the age of 23 apart from Disasi and Sanchez. Paid for potential, now it’s up to Poch to develop them into a cohesive unit.
Well it's no good signing a 30 year old if they are going to be on an 8 year contract

Poch will have to develop this young squad finish in champs positions this season then next season win trophies or do you think just champs league for Chelsea next 2/3 years is fine if your building a team like Arteta has built at Arsenal?

I think for this season a CL spot is fine. Next season, I think undoubtedly we have to at least aim for the title. But I think how this season goes will impact my prediction for next season. If we struggle badly again and finish below 7th then heads will have to roll and we start again aiming for the CL spots the following season.

I think for this season a CL spot is fine. Next season, I think undoubtedly we have to at least aim for the title. But I think how this season goes will impact my prediction for next season. If we struggle badly again and finish below 7th then heads will have to roll and we start again aiming for the CL spots the following season.
So for years everyone has told city that its all about money, we couldnt do it without money etc etc and to some extent that is right but how is it that chelsea can spend nearly a billion pounds and it be acceptable that they only get a champions league spot, why arent all the same pundits saying they should be nailed on for winning the league this year, why are chelsea getting a pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.