Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Your opinion but I've yet to see him impose himself on any top 8 team.
He's a more than competent premier league defender on a free. I didn't suggest he was good enough to be first choice, even for chelsea, I said he was an upgrade on chalobah who is nowhere near their first choice. Upgrading and getting a big money profit is great business.

if you say is he’s third tier after Chelsea have signed him, my guess he is quite a bit better than that based on your previous track record of assessing Chelsea players. I’ll definitely enjoy watching him.

You just don't want anyone passing the ball to him under ANY kind of pressure.

Since we were founded, we've had 4 managers; Chelsea have had 18 (Maresca will be the 19th). Yes ; 3 or 4 of them were short term caretaker managers, but that's a ridiculous number. Did we have as many over a similar period in our crazy era?

Tbf most of it came from Abramovich and he's crazy in his own way. Post-Abramovich it's driven by the new owners hiring one mediocre talent after another. I'm sure they want someone long term, but they're never going to get it fishing in their choice of talent pool, unless they get extremely lucky.

I didn’t actually know he was ex City. Thought he was a Londoner lol. Took him a a while to work his way to the top. Looks like we’ll be offloading Chalobah to United to help the books and Tosin is his replacement.
Wiki erroneously has zero first team appearances for City. In fact he has 8, I believe, across 3 senior competitions. He played in Pelegríni’s team that lost to Chelsea in the Fa cup, when a youthful side was selected because of European commitments.

I didn’t actually know he was ex City. Thought he was a Londoner lol. Took him a a while to work his way to the top. Looks like we’ll be offloading Chalobah to United to help the books and Tosin is his replacement.
He shares the same birthday as me, though Tosin is considerably younger, of course.

Interesting really, that Chelsea probably have very similar aspirations for each season as we do, and they feel Tosin is good enough for them, yet we got rid and showed no interest in bringing him back. I wonder who will be proved correct.

Interesting really, that Chelsea probably have very similar aspirations for each season as we do, and they feel Tosin is good enough for them, yet we got rid and showed no interest in bringing him back. I wonder who will be proved correct.
As we’ve seen with others, some players (Brahmin Dias, Pedro Porro, Jérémy Frimpong, etc) mature at a later age, so both clubs might be right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.