Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather like us selling Jesus to them last season. Think he'll do alright for them but alright might not be enough. Did all these players need to be sold or did some have clauses in their contracts that made them able to leave?

There were no clauses or anything like that. Just opportunistic sales. We needed to shift players from a pure squad wise view. We ended last season with 33 players. Realistically we need to shift at least 10, preferably 12-13 players to trim down to a normal size and allow for new incomings like Nkunku, Colwill and Gusto, plus hopefully Caicedo.

There were no clauses or anything like that. Just opportunistic sales. We needed to shift players from a pure squad wise view. We ended last season with 33 players. Realistically we need to shift at least 10, preferably 12-13 players to trim down to a normal size and allow for new incomings like Nkunku, Colwill and Gusto, plus hopefully Caicedo.
Fair enough. Still don't understand why you are not going after Rice. I know that Arsenal are doing a lot of the front running, but deep down he's a Chelsea fan and you won't be out of the Champions League for long.

If we're talking iffy Chelsea transfers Sideshow Bob needs to be in the frame that PSG stuff didn't go unnoticed.

Fair enough. Still don't understand why you are not going after Rice. I know that Arsenal are doing a lot of the front running, but deep down he's a Chelsea fan and you won't be out of the Champions League for long.
Deep down, he’s Irish.

I honestly think Chelsea attempted but fumbled the bag in terms of convincing him Chelsea was the best move for him. I don’t think he was convinced by what Potter and one of the sporting directors told his camp about how they would elevate his career and his game. Once we fumbled the bag, he closed the door on Chelsea and Arsenal have basically had a free run at him ever since.

I honestly think Chelsea attempted but fumbled the bag in terms of convincing him Chelsea was the best move for him. I don’t think he was convinced by what Potter and one of the sporting directors told his camp about how they would elevate his career and his game. Once we fumbled the bag, he closed the door on Chelsea and Arsenal have basically had a free run at him ever since.
But you have a new broom now and an 'exciting' new project to sell. I thought you might clear the decks to bring him in and build the team around him. Guess Arsenal would not have agreed to give you so much for Havertz if you were then going to use it to torpedo their deal for Rice.

But you have a new broom now and an 'exciting' new project to sell. I thought you might clear the decks to bring him in and build the team around him. Guess Arsenal would not have agreed to give you so much for Havertz if you were then going to use it to torpedo their deal for Rice.

We have our sights on Caicedo, so I’m all good to be honest. Would have been nice to have Rice but Caicedo is in the same tier of quality so if we can pair him with Enzo and build the team around that midfield, I’ll be happy.

We are apparently making a move for Tchouameni.

I cant see how that happens, but I'd certainly prioritise him over Rice if by some miracle Real and the player would consider it.

Celta Vigo's Gabri Veiga is another, maybe more realistic midfield target.

So, is Chelsea's model in buying players left right centre, to sell them at a profit to their own owners based in Saudi? I mean thats scandalous if true.

I cant believe they're going all out for City when that sort of stuff is happeneing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.