Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling is a ****, never has a good word for our club or the fans who backed him. Racially abused by Chav fans though, fuck him, he’ll be shit again this season running down blind alley’s and losing the ball, I wish him all the worst.
Wow, that level of hate is so bad

Keep correcting people who post 5 years is the limit now it is in uefa in the premier it isn't you could have a 10 years contract there is NO premier ffp rule on how long a contract can be..
Will be once the red dippers grass on you.

To summarise the prevailing thoughts of the forum (and other analysts) for those just catching up:

The theory on the forum, which I think may have some merit, is that Chelsea are doing this insane programme of acquisition (and self reporting about the violations by the club under the Abramovich regime) because they actually plan to break both UEFA and PL FFP and they are trying to get all of the best youth talent on long contracts before transfer fees get even more insane and so they can get through the likely transfer and European bans, on the bet that FFP will eventually be abandoned based on both legal challenges (unlawful restriction of commerce / free trade) and league competitiveness coming under pressure from Saudi spending (essentially an existential threat).

To summarise the prevailing thoughts of the forum (and other analysts) for those just catching up:

The theory on the forum, which I think may have some merit, is that Chelsea are doing this insane programme of acquisition (and self reporting about the violations by the club under the Abramovich regime) because they actually plan to break both UEFA and PL FFP and they are trying to get all of the best youth talent on long contracts before transfer fees get even more insane and so they can get through the likely transfer and European bans, on the bet that FFP will eventually be abandoned based on both legal challenges (unlawful restriction of commerce / free trade) and league competitiveness coming under pressure from Saudi spending (essentially an existential threat).
They've spent -£40m this summer.

DLJyglKW4AA4i1B.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.