Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

If you say so. But you shouldn't need a longer-term model to go from 3rd to 1st with spending of 800 million. For that money you should be able to both buy players that will have a short-term impact and plan for the future.

And what is this long-term plan? To have so many players on 8 year contracts that when you want to improve the squad in 5 years time, you can't, because you're still amortizing the signings you made last year?

I find there's an increasing prevalence in society that when we see a billionaire do something clearly stupid or incompetent, we have to try and convince ourselves that it's actually part of some grand master plan that us povvos couldn't possibly comprehend. Whereas sometimes it really is someone who doesn't know what they're doing doing something stupid. But yeah, maybe he does have some sort of really clever scheme.
Fair enough.

As Chelsea fans we obviously hope that a guy smart enough to be a self-made billionaire does have a nuanced plan.

And equally, fans of other clubs will hope he's a lunatic with more money than sense, and it will end in tears.

I hope it's the former, but that's about it.

As Chelsea fans we obviously hope that a guy smart enough to be a self-made billionaire does have a nuanced plan.
Donald-Trump.jpg

107260606-1687408024023-gettyimages-1258742027-AFP_33K29V6.jpeg

:)

Fair enough.

And equally, fans of other clubs will hope he's a lunatic with more money than sense, and it will end in tears.

I hope it's the former, but that's about it.
Oh trust me, I'd rather you than any of the rest of the 'big' clubs.

Chelsea are taking a huge risk but like when you're playing black jack they'll have to know when to stick before you go bust. I think they'll hit top 4 but they'll need a title challenge within three seasons in my opinion otherwise their best players will want to move on. They'll hope the contract lengths will keep them around but I'd also imagine wages will go up with some success.

The big problem they'll have is in three years Haaland, Foden, Gvardiol and Philips will be hitting their peaks. Sadly for us Kompany will be managing Chelsea and it will break my heart seeing him lose a champions league final although I'll obviously be excited that Rhodri has scored another final banger

Almost a billion in 3 transfer windows. Laughable
I never get rich people. Why would you spend that money on overpaid, useless footballers when you could do a lot off good in the world with that kind off money.

Chelsea must employ some absolute idiots with poor negotiation skills and poor scouting network. Brighton have made lots off money by spending less than a few million on players and selling them for high fees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.