Chelsea Thread - 2023/24 | Maresca to be appointed (pg284)

7vtpj9.jpg

I just don't understand how Chelsea are possibly meeting FFP rules, especially if they get Lavia on top of Caicedo (although it is funny seeing them snatch the players Liverpool wanted for their midfield).

I mean how much have they spent in the last 18 months it must be astronomical.

Are they getting around (FFP) by purchasing mostly younger players and putting them on crazy 8 year contracts? Is that the trick? It might come back to bite them though if players like Mudryk, who I think is one on such a long deal, doesn't become a success.... Winston Bogarde springs to mind.

Haaland will be at Real Madrid by then, surely?
He says he likes life at City and may stay longer than planned. Nevertheless his career plan includes experiencing many different leagues. (Alf’s career plan includes many many signing on fees!)
Note that this is Pep’s plan too, but he is still here!
Que sera sera.

He says he likes life at City and may stay longer than planned. Nevertheless his career plan includes experiencing many different leagues. (Alf’s career plan includes many many signing on fees!)
Note that this is Pep’s plan too, but he is still here!
Que sera sera.
I can certainly see why both players and managers would want to extend their stay at City. For me the overriding feeling I get from your club is one with a singular purpose from bottom to top. It's a spectacular set-up.

Do you think Pep will stay beyond his current deal (end of next season?), now he's realised a season that can't be topped?

I can certainly see why both players and managers would want to extend their stay at City. For me the overriding feeling I get from your club is one with a singular purpose from bottom to top. It's a spectacular set-up.

Do you think Pep will stay beyond his current deal (end of next season?), now he's realised a season that can't be topped?
Probably not, but we can hope.
Youre right about the unity, based on a shared history between Pep, Txiki and Soriano, and a huge input from the chairman, Khaldoon, who is brilliant.

From BBC comments

Phew - was beginning to think that Chelsea hadn't agreed to sign anyone today.

News from Sky is that he will wear No. 323 on his shirt

Liverpool are set to announce they didn’t want him anyway!

Chelsea academy is the best education a football player can have. Proven again and again.
Liverpool academy puts then in formula one. Removing tyres in 4.1 seconds while at traffic lights.
Both impressive

From BBC comments

Phew - was beginning to think that Chelsea hadn't agreed to sign anyone today.

News from Sky is that he will wear No. 323 on his shirt

Liverpool are set to announce they didn’t want him anyway!

Chelsea academy is the best education a football player can have. Proven again and again.
Liverpool academy puts then in formula one. Removing tyres in 4.1 seconds while at traffic lights.
Both impressive
That comment is fair enough but CFA is also great.

If you ever doubted that the Guardian is clearly in the pocket of the Chelsea ownership then here's the proof:

Fucking despicable, corrupt, racist rag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.