Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

iirc, he had run up half a dozen blind allies before that.

You're not wrong. It was a fine goal, though.
More generally: just watched the highlights back. It is really, really fascinating to see how very willing we were to take a shot from outside the box. Everybody's doing it, even Kyle and Delph, and sometimes from very long range indeed (one shot by Kev would have been the goal of the season if it had gone in, it must be from 35 yards at least, and he's having to pivot through 90° to hit it with his right foot, it called for a good save, too). Indeed, Raz's goal is from just outside the box (although the first is from either a very canny foot by Otamendi, or a speculative one, from about five yards out). And it struck me how unwilling the team is to do that these days. I don't know whether they're under instructions from Pep or what. But a hundred times last season I just thought “Hit it! Hit the fucker! There's space opened up in front of you…”
One other thing. You need to go back and see those games to remember just what utter class Gundo was. Still miss him, to be honest.

Oh yeah, I know that. There's was a lot of utter crap talked about him by former Liverpool players who have such a bloody prominent position in the UK's media. As for Liverpool fans, they're just a pack of baying curs as far as I'm concerned.
What was amazing was the way the whole country seemed to buy into the bullshit.
Just as they have done with Grealish.

Wasn’t that the game where Mendy went galloping up the touchline on crutches to join in the celebrations? Our medical team must have been going mental!
Yes, it was.

In the euphoria of the celebrations, we were pissing ourselves watching him hobbling after Raheem.

Government are threatening to ban all far right protesters from attending football matches.

If that gets pushed through Stamford Bridge will be half empty this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.