Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

Well; if we assume the top 3 will be the same as last season (the question being how the Murkysiders react to life after Bingo), then you'll have the rags (?), Spurs, Villa (?) and Newcastle (?) competing with Chelsea for the remaining spot (fifth isn't a certainty for a CL spot). There's no guarantee they'll get CL football in 25/26.

(sorry about all the brackets)
{[( its okay)]}

By all accounts Maresca's system relies heavily on wingers. He started the game against City with some combination of Gusto and Drewsbury-Hall on the left and for some reason Mudryk on the right, where he has never played before. Once Sterling and Madueke came on, we were much more of a threat going forward. Madueke in particular has looked brilliant this preseason.

Defensively we're all over the place. But considering all 4 goals conceded came from direct mistakes/misplaced passes I think it's something that can be rectified with more training. I felt like we defended pretty well when City had the ball. The problems arose when we had the ball. If we have to have defensive problems, I'd rather have problems when we're in possession, than not knowing how to defend against a good attacking team because the first one is far easier solved than the second one.
Defending without the ball: drill, drill, drill. (1-0 to the Arsenal…)

By all accounts Maresca's system relies heavily on wingers. He started the game against City with some combination of Gusto and Drewsbury-Hall on the left and for some reason Mudryk on the right, where he has never played before. Once Sterling and Madueke came on, we were much more of a threat going forward. Madueke in particular has looked brilliant this preseason.

Defensively we're all over the place. But considering all 4 goals conceded came from direct mistakes/misplaced passes I think it's something that can be rectified with more training. I felt like we defended pretty well when City had the ball. The problems arose when we had the ball. If we have to have defensive problems, I'd rather have problems when we're in possession, than not knowing how to defend against a good attacking team because the first one is far easier solved than the second one.
By that time we'd brought all the kids on and a 38 year old keeper

By that time we'd brought all the kids on and a 38 year old keeper

True, but Madueke was just as threatening against Celtic and Club America, plus he ended last season in great form, so I'm confident enough in saying he'd probably he played just as well if you still had Gvardiol defending that side :)

Wasting talent. Fofana played less than 5 games for them

This from their main forum on last night's game:

Sterling kept running into himself or somehow losing the ball as soon as someone or even the evening breeze got close to him”.

I know it's, cruel, but I had to laugh. Poor old Raz! He doesn't half get a kicking on that forum. And I thought people were sometimes unfair on here.

This from their main forum on last night's game:

Sterling kept running into himself or somehow losing the ball as soon as someone or even the evening breeze got close to him”.

I know it's, cruel, but I had to laugh. Poor old Raz! He doesn't half get a kicking on that forum. And I thought people were sometimes unfair on here.
When he's on his game he's phenomenal, but so many times you end up screaming at him because he's so inconsistent and frustrating to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.