Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

I did question at the time why we were selling him for £15m and replacing him with Phillips for an extra £30m. I think we know how that one has subsequently worked out.
Oh come on, give the lad a chance. He’s young and spent the whole of last season injured.

I did question at the time why we were selling him for £15m and replacing him with Phillips for an extra £30m. I think we know how that one has subsequently worked out.
Prospect with a sell on fee and buyback clause versus established England international recommended by Bielsa?

Yeah, can’t imagine why we made that deal!

What do our resident chelsea fans think of the situation, i actually think the situation is bizarre, im wondering if they have already been told they will be getting a transfer ban after the new owner "found something wrong with the books"
Someone has clearly been told something, because it begs belief they can sell the deadwood (currently standing at about 18 “First Team Squad” players) for anything even approaching a net-net financial wash!

I’m not sure if Boehly has simply told the club to buy up the best young talent in the world to build the next generation, which is why the likes of Sterling and Gallagher are surplus to requirements. But, coupled with the financial irregularities that they supposed found “after” the buyout, for which they believe they are not to be blamed(!), it’s hard to see what EXACTLY the plan hatched by Boehly and Co is!

Yesterday, they had the two most expensive shithouse midfielders in the world playing for them and City, in a 4-1-4-1 set up, had our 1 in midfield waltz through them and score in the 85th minute…and they sold him to us for a pittance!!!

Caicedo and Fernandez would be serial red card recipients if refs gave out yellow cards objectively, instead of the bullshit that got Haaland one yesterday. Fofana poleaxed him repeatedly and made multiple other fouls and received nothing!

Anyway, I’m glad we played Chelsea (A) first game of the season now, because when he gets them organized, there might be a good, fast, young team somewhere in that 43 man squad!!

Right this is all getting very silly now.

Seriously this project will be used in business studies in ten years of either its brilliance or utter folly.
The more American owners that fail the better, can't have them getting to that magic number to stop promotion and relegation!

To be fair, they were both very good at Brighton. Overpriced of course but they impressed.

I am not sure I would really judge them at Chelsea. I think they'd both be decent at a better run, non-basket case club.

However, you're right - I guess in the end, we can only judge them on the reality and the reality is they're playing poorly for their club. Cucurella showed he can perform in a different environment for Spain this summer (though it's always risky to go by international tournaments). I just feel both would look better at

I can see your point about different clubs but Brighton were holding out for the highest bidder and those clubs tend to be desperate when buying players. The top three can afford to walk away or if they did buy they can let those players assimilate into their squads without pressure. See any player who has signed for City since 2017.

To be fair, they were both very good at Brighton. Overpriced of course but they impressed.

I am not sure I would really judge them at Chelsea. I think they'd both be decent at a better run, non-basket case club.

However, you're right - I guess in the end, we can only judge them on the reality and the reality is they're playing poorly for their club. Cucurella showed he can perform in a different environment for Spain this summer (though it's always risky to go by international tournaments). I just feel both would look better at a different club.
How the fuck is Caicedo worth 115m? Answers on a postcard to....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.