Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

I must admit, from the outside looking in, I find the level of incompetence that's happening at Chelsea equally fascinating and entertaining.

It is quite a bizarre approach to adopt, that is for sure.

How they can truly expect to manage / unload all the players on their books is doubtful, and certainly can't be helping Maresco with the massive task in hand.

I'm just so pleased that it is not our problem, but their fans must be in total disbelief and dismay.

It is quite a bizarre approach to adopt, that is for sure.

How they can truly expect to manage / unload all the players on their books is doutful, and certainly can't be helping Maresco with the massive task in hand.

I'm just so pleased that it is not our problem, but their fans must be in total disbelief and dismay.
The players who don't play regularly are going to see their values tank. And other clubs will have them over a barrel when doing business, it's all very strange.

I must admit, from the outside looking in, I find the level of incompetence that's happening at Chelsea equally fascinating and entertaining.
I have a lot of time for Chelsea because they had the courage to take on the cartel and beat them. Ok, perhaps Abramovich cheated a little, but so what? The odds were stacked against him and he took the risk. So what is happening now is tragic. A self appointed revolutionary is going to change English football is he? Chelsea could be wrecked; don’t worry just sack another manager. We need all the power we can get to squash the redshirts but Swales lives.
Mansour, Khaldoon, Pep and the rest have changed English football more than anyone else could dream of. We are the model to follow. We are not done yet. We will beat the bastards in ‘court’ and, one day, all the other clubs will lose the scales from their eyes and realise we should be heroes, not hated.
PS EDIT. Note to Boehly: the revolution has already taken place, it’s called CFG.

Last edited:
Chelsea fans are bothered. It's all anyone talks about on Chelsea twitter, or reddit, or in Chelsea pubs :)

The approval rating for this ownership, and the sporting directors they've hired, is in the toilet. Nobody likes them, nobody really believes in the 'project' apart from a few pockets of random diehard Clearlake fans.
How do you see it panning out?

In tears.

So do I and pretty much everyone else and no offence I’m glad it’s your team not ours (but you could say that back to me on other things).

I’m really interested in what they are doing and I think they are clever and have a plan, quite what and how it works I cannot see.

We are a country of this is how we do things, or they are done a certain way as they have always been. I like they are doing something different and whilst I think it’s doomed to fail, it’s no guarantee and these guys certainly don’t need to take advice from Carragher

Imagine the Chelsea wage bill if they can't move players on.

Other clubs will know this and will take the piss, it's hard having one or two of these players on the books, never mind several.

really interested in what they are doing and I think they are clever and have a plan, quite what and how it works I cannot see.
I think they are fucking idiots if I'm being honest.

Anyone spending the best part of 300m on Fernandez, Caicedo and Cucurella needs locking up for their own good.

And that's without mentioning numerous other stupid purchases that I can't be arsed going into because it's late.

I don't get why players are still interested in signing for them, they must know that there are way too many players already and the way they have been buying any new player must (you would think) will I get replaced next year? Tosin for example signed on a free this summer, he was chased by several clubs and yet he has been left out of their European squad for the qualifier. He must be disappointed.
Then there is the wage bill, 44 first team players and counting, lets say the average is 100k a week, that's 4.4 mill a week (even at 50k per week its 2.2 mil per week). How can that possibly be within the PSR and wage to turnover percentage (which is max 80% isn't it). Its a very strange way to go about business, I know in the NFL, players get contracts over say 3 years and if they fall out of favour or space needs to be made for the CAP they get traded and they take a hit, that does not work in that way here, so is it naivety on behalf of the owners or are they just doing something genius and we can't yet see what?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.