Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

To me it's fairly clear what Chelsea are now doing. Theyve spent wildly as we know but they've made a lot of money too this summer.

selling an academy player essentially allows them to spend 5 times that amount in that same window and comply with PSR for that season, so I think they're taking the PSR allowance right to the line, purposefully signing players that they then hope to flip next summer or the one after for a profit on the books to help them manage those windows as they know the academy graduates are running dry and they'll need a way of generating money to cover this spending for the best part of the next decade.

It's a widely risky approach drenched in genuine danger for the club but it's fascinating to watch from afar and I kind of hope they are moderately successful in it, I'd sooner these were our closest rivals than any of the other most likely options.

Imagine the utter meltdown in dipperland if these get it together and overtake Liverpool.

Last edited:
I mean it's been explained many times at this point.

Chelsea will likely have a big problem on their hands a few years down the road, but for now, we've sold well enough for us to be OK on the PSR front for now, and maybe next season. We've sold about 150m worth of players this summer, and that's before we count Lukaku's pending 30m move. We sold nearly 300m worth of players last summer.

Fucking joke of a club, another manager who will be gone by Christmas, enough players to fill 3 teams, explanations from a fan point of view are moot matey, the club is a sham and you fucking know it.

All on big money as well, you will be ok for now, before you go bust you mean

Fucking joke of a club, another manager who will be gone by Christmas, enough players to fill 3 teams, explanations from a fan point of view are moot matey, the club is a sham and you fucking know it.

All on big money as well, you will be ok for now, before you go bust you mean

I love my club mate. Always will. That doesn't mean I will defend it against legitimate criticism.

I looked up squad sizes around the PL though, seeing as though we're getting battered from pillar to post for our squad size.

Chelsea - 39 players
United - 32 players (we had 33 players during the Potter season, which we got battered for)
Brighton - 38 players
Newcastle - 35 players
Southampton - 32 players
Brentford - 30 players

I haven't heard a peep about these over sized squads. Not a single peep from anyone.

All the other clubs have normal sized squads.

City - 26 players
Liverpool - 25 players
Spurs - 28 players

I love my club mate. Always will. That doesn't mean I will defend it against legitimate criticism.

I looked up squad sizes around the PL, seeing as though we're getting battered from pillar to post for our squad size.

Chelsea - 39 players
United - 32 players (we had 33 players during the Potter season, which we got battered for)
Brighton - 38 players
Newcastle - 35 players
Southampton - 32 players
Brentford - 30 players

I haven't heard a peep about these over sized squads. Not a single peep from anyone.

All the other clubs have normal sized squads.

City - 26 players
Liverpool - 25 players
Spurs - 28 players

It's interesting to see that list, but there are no doubt a few in it that have kids as part of the "squad" or fringe players at best, but not on best part of 100k a week lads, that is where I'm at with it, wage bill will be enormous.

Rags aside, as they are a sham of a club as well, who we saying top earners at Newcatle? Isak, Guimares, Joelinton - over 100k a week.....doubtful but might be

Brighton - Welbeck, This Rutter from Leeds, Dunk - again not be on 100k a week

Southampton - Armstrong?

Brentford - Toney, oh guess were he might be heading

It's ok to compare squad sizes, but squad wages?

Interesting to say the least

It's interesting to see that list, but there are no doubt a few in it that have kids as part of the "squad" or fringe players at best, but not on best part of 100k a week lads, that is where I'm at with it, wage bill will be enormous.

Rags aside, as they are a sham of a club as well, who we saying top earners at Newcatle? Isak, Guimares, Joelinton - over 100k a week.....doubtful but might be

Brighton - Welbeck, This Rutter from Leeds, Dunk - again not be on 100k a week

Southampton - Armstrong?

Brentford - Toney, oh guess were he might be heading

It's ok to compare squad sizes, but squad wages?

Interesting to say the least

It's exactly the same for Chelsea, believe it or not. Quite a few young squad players, fringe options, young academy lads who have returned from loan but not yet sorted their futures out.

Anjorin, Washinton, Angelo etc are not earning 100k. They're on somewhere between 20-40k.

It's exactly the same for Chelsea, believe it or not. Quite a few young squad players, fringe options, young academy lads who have returned from loan but not yet sorted their futures out.

Anjorin, Washinton, Angelo etc are not earning 100k. They're on somewhere between 20-40k.

Yes, but those you have mentioned, are they part of the "bomb squad"?

I mean wtf does that actually mean, a squad full of players that the wages are costing a bomb each week hahahaha.

Yes, but those you have mentioned, are they part of the "bomb squad"?

I mean wtf does that actually mean, a squad full of players that the wages are costing a bomb each week hahahaha.

Technically yes, but only because Maresca has decided there is no reason to disrupt his coaching sessions with the players that are actually going to stay this season by having to incorporate 10-15 others players whose futures the club are being slow in sorting out.

They were not in the 'banished' group like Lukaku, Kepa, Sterling etc. They just most likely will be loaned out, or remain with the U23s.

That's why I'm glad I'm on this site. Who else is going to give you all this good context when you stick your nose into the Chelsea thread to bash the club :)

EDIT: one of the lads I mentioned has his future sorted now

Last edited:
Surprised chelsea haven't brought in a reserve team manager for the players who aren't training with the 1st team.

They could have their own training ground - thay they can sell to themselves in a couple of years - and hire them out to play in behind closed doors games when other teams are trying to get their squad back to fitness.

Chelsea look to be screwed as UEFA reject their financing strategy.

Chelsea face ‘more than challenging’ bid to meet Uefa’s financial rules

Chelsea look to be screwed as UEFA reject their financing strategy.

Chelsea face ‘more than challenging’ bid to meet Uefa’s financial rules

I have no fucking sympathy for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.