Chelsea Threat

I think besides us, the "top" teams have gotten worse. Chelsea did win the CL, but with probably the luckiest run of events I've ever seen. They didn't deserve it and they were piss poor in the Premiership.

The rags stayed challenging because of who they used to be not because of the team they have now, change that manager and they'll slide down the hill faster than we climbed up it.
I think Chelsea are the only ones who can compete with us financially. If it was all about money (which it mainly is) than they should be our only challengers.
However that little bit that still remains about the football, means that the rags will go close and in my mind will win the thing, they don't do getting stung well. I do think we'll win the CL.
Chelsea will finish 3rd and it's as good as anyones guess what happens after that.

If it was all about the money than for sure, our main challengers, but billions don't count for human error or heart. They lack heart and that's always been Chelsea's (post takeover) problem. No heart, no desire.
I'd take finishing 2nd over turning into what their money has created. Would rather see us back in relegation battle than lose that heart that makes us City.

kobiblue said:
I think besides us, the "top" teams have gotten worse. Chelsea did win the CL, but with probably the luckiest run of events I've ever seen. They didn't deserve it and they were piss poor in the Premiership.

The rags stayed challenging because of who they used to be not because of the team they have now, change that manager and they'll slide down the hill faster than we climbed up it.
I think Chelsea are the only ones who can compete with us financially. If it was all about money (which it mainly is) than they should be our only challengers.
However that little bit that still remains about the football, means that the rags will go close and in my mind will win the thing, they don't do getting stung well. I do think we'll win the CL.
Chelsea will finish 3rd and it's as good as anyones guess what happens after that.

If it was all about the money than for sure, our main challengers, but billions don't count for human error or heart. They lack heart and that's always been Chelsea's (post takeover) problem. No heart, no desire.
I'd take finishing 2nd over turning into what their money has created. Would rather see us back in relegation battle than lose that heart that makes us City.

Don't forget "they finish the season better than anyone else"

"they know how to win titles"

"past the post"

and my fave...."not in my lifetime"

kobiblue said:
facepalm.jpg

So the comeback against Napoli, locking down Barcelona then beating them at their own ground, with 10 men, after being set 2 goals down and beating Bayern Munich in the final in their own stadium involved absolutely no heart at all. That was all money and luck. Just an ordinary day at the office for those players and the fans. Gotcha.

whothefisAlice said:
bluebannana said:
how ae they crap defensively, cole- probably the best left back in europe now,
Ivanovic- has been oustanding
Cahill- performed well
Terry- ageing, but still does a good job

What Chelsea have you been watching? Seriously mate.

Cole started the season well but he's been going downhill quite rapidly for a while now...hence the emergence and usage of Ryan Bertrand who (you can quote me on this) will be Chelseas starting lb next season!!!

don't worry. I'll quote you.

Blue_Moon said:
whothefisAlice said:
bluebannana said:
how ae they crap defensively, cole- probably the best left back in europe now,
Ivanovic- has been oustanding
Cahill- performed well
Terry- ageing, but still does a good job

What Chelsea have you been watching? Seriously mate.

Cole started the season well but he's been going downhill quite rapidly for a while now...hence the emergence and usage of Ryan Bertrand who (you can quote me on this) will be Chelseas starting lb next season!!!

don't worry. I'll quote you.

FUCKING NICE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Castiel said:
kobiblue said:
facepalm.jpg

So the comeback against Napoli, locking down Barcelona then beating them at their own ground, with 10 men, after being set 2 goals down and beating Bayern Munich in the final in their own stadium involved absolutely no heart at all. That was all money and luck. Just an ordinary day at the office for those players and the fans. Gotcha.

Bayern were the better team by far, they got extremely lucky, as they did against Barca. Outplayed, just sat in front of their own goal and defended against better teams for 90 mins of the game and get extremely fortunate. They were lucky, they did what the piss poor teams in the premiership do week in week out and "park the bus" living off a lucky break, the odd dive here or there and referee errors.

Not sure why it would piss you off so much but each to their own.

kobiblue said:
Castiel said:
kobiblue said:
facepalm.jpg

Bayern were the better team by far, they got extremely lucky, as they did against Barca. Outplayed, just sat in front of their own goal and defended against better teams for 90 mins of the game and get extremely fortunate. They were lucky, they did what the piss poor teams in the premiership do week in week out and "park the bus" living off a lucky break, the odd dive here or there and referee errors.

The champions league is hard to crack, we didn't make it through the group.
Chelsea will be a threat now just look at this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-owner-abramovich-willing-buy-250m-messi-guardiola-3209961" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... la-3209961</a>

super-sub Jesus said:
kobiblue said:
Castiel said:
facepalm.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-owner-abramovich-willing-buy-250m-messi-guardiola-3209961" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... la-3209961</a>

So Chelsea are better than us? Than the rags or the other teams they finished below in the Premiership?

I'm not saying it's not difficult, all I'm saying is that they were extremely fortunate.
I believe they are not as good as they used to be, not on the same planet as Barca but again got very lucky, and didn't deserve it against Bayern.

But like I said, Chelsea are the only ones who can tackle us when it comes to spending. If they spend like they did before than they will be a serious threat.

kobiblue said:
super-sub Jesus said:
kobiblue said:

So Chelsea are better than us? Than the rags or the other teams they finished below in the Premiership?

I'm not saying it's not difficult, all I'm saying is that they were extremely fortunate.
I believe they are not as good as they used to be, not on the same planet as Barca but again got very lucky, and didn't deserve it against Bayern.

But like I said, Chelsea are the only ones who can tackle us when it comes to spending. If they spend like they did before than they will be a serious threat.

If we were allowed to we could outspend Chelsea easily (no bullshit, no bravado). What advantage Chelsea has over City is location.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.