Chelsea Threat

Castiel said:
kobiblue said:
I think besides us, the "top" teams have gotten worse. Chelsea did win the CL, but with probably the luckiest run of events I've ever seen. They didn't deserve it and they were piss poor in the Premiership.
facepalm.jpg

If it was all about the money than for sure, our main challengers, but billions don't count for human error or heart. They lack heart and that's always been Chelsea's (post takeover) problem. No heart, no desire.
So the comeback against Napoli, locking down Barcelona then beating them at their own ground, with 10 men, after being set 2 goals down and beating Bayern Munich in the final in their own stadium involved absolutely no heart at all. That was all money and luck. Just an ordinary day at the office for those players and the fans. Gotcha.
Locking down Barcelona? Did you see the chances they missed at Stamford Bridge? A Messi penalty away from being knocked out in the semis, a Robben penalty away from most likely losing the final.... Yes you won it but it was incredibly lucky.

Armaan said:
Castiel said:
kobiblue said:
I think besides us, the "top" teams have gotten worse. Chelsea did win the CL, but with probably the luckiest run of events I've ever seen. They didn't deserve it and they were piss poor in the Premiership.
facepalm.jpg

If it was all about the money than for sure, our main challengers, but billions don't count for human error or heart. They lack heart and that's always been Chelsea's (post takeover) problem. No heart, no desire.
So the comeback against Napoli, locking down Barcelona then beating them at their own ground, with 10 men, after being set 2 goals down and beating Bayern Munich in the final in their own stadium involved absolutely no heart at all. That was all money and luck. Just an ordinary day at the office for those players and the fans. Gotcha.
Locking down Barcelona? Did you see the chances they missed at Stamford Bridge? A Messi penalty away from being knocked out in the semis, a Robben penalty away from most likely losing the final.... Yes you won it but it was incredibly lucky.

Whilst very little can be assumed until the transfer window plays out, I reckon they are looking pretty decent already. Def' our biggest threat next season.

If anyone is going to get near us next season, it will be them. I still think it's weird to bring in so many players before appointing a manager. The mad Russian is the biggest impulse buyer on the planet.

Armaan said:
They missed maybe 3 clear cut chances, like the one Cole cleared off the line and Sanchez' chip. You say we were lucky Messi missed his penalty, which is true, but it was a bullshit penalty to begin with - and I don't consider it terribly lucky to concede bullshit penalties. We were clearly comfortable letting them pass around as much as they liked while we flooded their passing lanes and took our chances while they messed up theirs (which was also very much part of the psychological battle). United did the same thing in the CL final last season and got demolished. Xavi said "9 out of 10 games like that we win".

Robben was psyched out by Mikel while Ribery was being treated, thats why he missed. They both said as much after the match. Do you think pure luck was involved in Cech jumping the correct way for every one of Bayerns penalties? He researched every penalty they've taken since 2009.

The margins between success and failure is paper thin. Aguero scuffs his last shot of the season and you've lost the league. Yes you won it but it was incredibly lucky. Or did Aguero just force the issue and refuse to lose the title on a technicality? I say you make your own luck.

Different competitions but we did the same to Barcelona as well. They battered us but we won with a Martin Petrov goal. So I will not be dismissive of what Chelsea did in the Semi Final.

Churchill123 said:
Is it just me or do others think that Chelsea next season could pose a real threat.. I believe that they will finish above United, and obviously that'll mean they still only finish second ;p

I think the ole russian will pump some more money into the club, and off the back of the champions league win, they will have some fresh resolve and be well up for a title charge..

Or am i being naive in thinking that United are no longer are main title rivals?

Utd will fight back but yes Chelsea are the threat next season, of course as we are to them.

Castiel said:
Armaan said:
They missed maybe 3 clear cut chances, like the one Cole cleared off the line and Sanchez' chip. You say we were lucky Messi missed his penalty, which is true, but it was a bullshit penalty to begin with - and I don't consider it terribly lucky to concede bullshit penalties.
3 chances?

They hit the post and bar twice.
Cole cleared off the line
Penalty missed
Fabergas somehow contrived to miss from 2 yards

There were tens of chances that they would have been expected to finish. Don't re-write it now. You will never have a more fortuitous run of matches than those 3 including the final.

Ever.

Castiel said:
Armaan said:
They missed maybe 3 clear cut chances, like the one Cole cleared off the line and Sanchez' chip. You say we were lucky Messi missed his penalty, which is true, but it was a bullshit penalty to begin with - and I don't consider it terribly lucky to concede bullshit penalties. We were clearly comfortable letting them pass around as much as they liked while we flooded their passing lanes and took our chances while they messed up theirs (which was also very much part of the psychological battle). United did the same thing in the CL final last season and got demolished. Xavi said "9 out of 10 games like that we win".

Robben was psyched out by Mikel while Ribery was being treated, thats why he missed. They both said as much after the match. Do you think pure luck was involved in Cech jumping the correct way for every one of Bayerns penalties? He researched every penalty they've taken since 2009.

The margins between success and failure is paper thin. Aguero scuffs his last shot of the season and you've lost the league. Yes you won it but it was incredibly lucky. Or did Aguero just force the issue and refuse to lose the title on a technicality? I say you make your own luck.

Come on - what about FFP mate? Whilst our owners have consulted with UEFA in order to comply on every level, one of the instigators, namely your owner, continues to flaut the rules.
Is FFP right? Do you believe in it? If so how the fook are you lot going to pass it? RA is a fookin playboy hypocrite - just admit it!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.