Chelsea Threat

I dont know why i have just read through 6 pages of drivel, this will be liverpools season, they will have a new king installed.

Just as every other year at this time it will be liverpools season.

Aye!

The Emperor's new clothes!

I like Liverpool, but in some ways, they need a genuine shock (like relegation) to make them realise that no club is immune to bad times.

We're having a tiny taste of their success, won't do 'em any harm to have a tiny taste of our misery ;-)

MissStockportBlue said:
think hazard picking chelsea says it all weaker midfield (less competition) than us but more chance of winning something than United

chelsea 2nd
Does your husband/boyfriend agree?

bluebannana said:
how ae they crap defensively, cole- probably the best left back in europe now,
Ivanovic- has been oustanding
Cahill- performed well
Terry- ageing, but still does a good job

What Chelsea have you been watching? Seriously mate. Terry was found wanting SO MANY times this/last season. His legs have gone and he is simply not good enough at dealing with speed and trickery a.k.a Kun Aguero and co.

Cole started the season well but he's been going downhill quite rapidly for a while now...hence the emergence and usage of Ryan Bertrand who (you can quote me on this) will be Chelseas starting lb next season!!!

Cahill is just Cahill, although he played like a man possessed vs Barcelona. I do think he will mature into a quality cb in the next couple of years, but he's just on par with Jonny Evans at the moment. No thank you!!

Luiz? The erratic mop headed striker covering as a cb?

Chelsea's defence is simply shite. No matter who they buy up front, unless they improve their defence and consistency, they won't beat us or the Rags come the end of the season.

@whothefisAlice

I don't know about you, but I watched every game they played and attended a good third of the home games and can safely declare that you are in fact, talking shit.

Castiel said:
@whothefisAlice

I don't know about you, but I watched every game they played and attended a good third of the home games and can safely declare that you are in fact, talking shit.

it's the same kind of thing as other fans slating barry, when you watch a side every minute of every week your perceptions are much greater than fans of other teams who watch the odd bit here and there.

for the record, it'll be us or chelsea next season.

Castiel said:
@whothefisAlice

So you watched maybe 6 live matches and that makes you feel you are more qualified to judge the quality of Chelsea's defence?

Their defence was fucking shite mate...sorry...simple. In fact their defending at times was laughable. Although I am sure you will brush it off for numerous reasons (some maybe acceptable) I don't suppose you saw Liverpool take the piss out of ur amazing Terry and Ivanovic?????

whothefisAlice said:
I don't suppose you saw Liverpool take the piss out of ur amazing Terry and Ivanovic?????
I'm so glad you brought this up as an example because its exactly the point. Chelsea spent October to January fighting with AVB, not playing football. After he was sacked it was pretty clear to anyone really watching them that they had consciously given up on the league. By March we were literally throwing league games. The players weren't showing up and weakest sides were picked to rest everyone for the Champions League.

So the game you mention there, Liverpool away in the league, was three days after Liverpool in the FA Cup final which was won quite comfortably (except for Carroll playing the game of his career when he came on and still couldn't score).

The defence you slate has locked down some of the finest sides in Europe expertly. You don't go from incredibly good in Europe to incredibly shite at home without there being a reason. The reason begin they had given up on the league. Much like Napoli who also concentrated on the CL and suffered badly in their league.

So you watched maybe 6 live matches and that makes you feel you are more qualified to judge the quality of Chelsea's defence?
You realise I'm a Chelsea fan? I watched all of them, in context. I found bluebannana's analysis to be accurate except Cole isn't consistent any more and will start sharing games with Bertrand in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.