Chelsea v City Post Match Thread

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
A draw would have been a fair result for me. Unlike some I didn't think we did enough to win and could arguably have been 3-0 down at one point.
Defeat was very harsh though and totally avoidable
This seems to have gone unnoticed by so many on here.
Chelsea had three good chances in the first half and also hit the woodwork. We, despite having a lot of possession and several corners didn't create clear cut chances. - Just a couple of difficult ones for Sergio late in the half.
We also created a difficult one early in the second from which he scored.
But there was a lot of good stuff played today and even though we conceded a few needless free kicks late in the game we still looked good for a point until Joe's brain fart.
Silva was trying to explain some of the rules to Webb at the end of the game but I wonder which incident. Was it the one where he was blocked but Webb played advantage? Was it regarding one of many challenges given as free kicks when we were committing them? Or was it the one where Terry seemed to catch Sergio in the area?
Good second half performance after being shaky in the first, but plenty of work for Pellers and his coaching team to do. And more to the point; we need the medical team to get Vince sorted pretty sharpish.
And on a positive note: We won the league after losing 2-1 at Stamford Bridge before Christmas, although on that occasion it was in December and our first defeat of the season.

grim up north said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I thought city were magnificent today and deserved all three points. We are not going to keep giving stupid goals away. It will stop and when it does we will be unstoppable.

I still think we are going to win this league. We were miles better than Chelsea.

But boy, that defeat hurt. Really hurt because it was stupid and unjust.

Never thought I would agree with DD

I thought we played well for 20 mins each half but don't think we deserved to win. We didn't create that many chances.

We were miles more dangerous than them, and we were without our most influential defender. We gave away a goal against the run of play, got on top, equalised and looked like winning the game. They didn't fuss us at all second half when we got solid. Until that fucking howler of a goal out of the blue.

Dear Gooner2
Do football and Arsenal fans a favor, keep ur overconfidence and disrespect to yourself. Yes we have started the season well, but i m not sure well all this overconfidence is coming from. Surely u forget this is Arsenal we are talking about here and history has taught us that when it comes to Arsenal, until we actually win the league, we should shut the fuck up and keep our fingers cross. I never quite understand rival fans going to other clubs forum and kinda rubbing it in their face especially after they just lost a game. I had to register for fucks sake to reply to the nonsense u ve been spouting.

Yours Sincerely
An optimistic but realstic Arsenal fan.

Didsbury Dave said:
grim up north said:

I thought we played well for 20 mins each half but don't think we deserved to win. We didn't create that many chances.

We were miles more dangerous than them, and we were without our most influential defender. We gave away a goal against the run of play, got on top, equalised and looked like winning the game. They didn't fuss us at all second half when we got solid. Until that fucking howler of a goal out of the blue.

We had plenty of possession for sure without really threatening Cech's goal. Wouldn't mind seeing us get battered once in a while and snatch a flukey bastard of a winner.

tonea2003 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Yet again, more possession, more shots, more shots on target than the opposition but LOST. Playing that well and losing should happen a couple of times a season, it's happening to us every other week. Really worrying, it is completely the opposite of what you need to do to win titles which is grind out results when you're playing badly. We need Kompany back and we need to stop the continual stepping up to play offside (IMO), it didn't cost us a goal tonight but we give away far too many chances doing it. Just fucking defend and stop pissing about.

We will be in the mix that is for sure, we just need to stay strong and cut out the silly mistakes

Some great football played, we have to remember it was Chelsea away

Stick with it , it will turn in our favour soon

I thought that every week last season towards the end..... United will drop the ball.... Gues what, they didn't and I worry we will be also rans at this rate with the reliance on sub-par players

I'll say one thing, I much prefer Garcia further forward

naijasoccer said:
Dear Gooner2
Do football and Arsenal fans a favor, keep ur overconfidence and disrespect to yourself. Yes we have started the season well, but i m not sure well all this overconfidence is coming from. Surely u forget this is Arsenal we are talking about here and history has taught us that when it comes to Arsenal, until we actually win the league, we should shut the fuck up and keep our fingers cross. I never quite understand rival fans going to other clubs forum and kinda rubbing it in their face especially after they just lost a game. I had to register for fucks sake to reply to the nonsense u ve been spouting.

Yours Sincerely
An optimistic but realstic Arsenal fan.

Thanks

East Level 2 said:
This seems to have gone unnoticed by so many on here.
Chelsea had three good chances in the first half and also hit the woodwork. We, despite having a lot of possession and several corners didn't create clear cut chances. - Just a couple of difficult ones for Sergio late in the half.
We also created a difficult one early in the second from which he scored.
But there was a lot of good stuff played today and even though we conceded a few needless free kicks late in the game we still looked good for a point until Joe's brain fart.
Silva was trying to explain some of the rules to Webb at the end of the game but I wonder which incident. Was it the one where he was blocked but Webb played advantage? Was it regarding one of many challenges given as free kicks when we were committing them? Or was it the one where Terry seemed to catch Sergio in the area?
Good second half performance after being shaky in the first, but plenty of work for Pellers and his coaching team to do. And more to the point; we need the medical team to get Vince sorted pretty sharpish.
And on a positive note: We won the league after losing 2-1 at Stamford Bridge before Christmas, although on that occasion it was in December and our first defeat of the season.
pmsl when I read that
hahahaha
Excellent!

Didsbury Dave said:
grim up north said:

Nearly right mate although I'd say we were a tad lucky to only be one down at half time.

Second half we absolutely bossed them and looked very solid.

I know we can't keep dropping silly points but I'm not worrying yet. We just need to get on a bit of a run now in the league. Put Norwich to the sword and get CSKA out of the way and then we can focus on the league in a big way.

Kept possession well packing the midfield like this, but so often that last ball dribbled into an empty space that I'd have loved seeing a BEAST waiting in. Still, I think this shows as a very credible formation to be used at Bayern away and against select opponents further on.

Typical fucking City, this result. But we're still only 4 points back of the only club above us on the table that I really take seriously ATM. Not even a quarter of the League season down. We can get this! The football gods now owe us a couple along the way, I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.