Chelsea v City Post Match Thread

Didsbury Dave said:
I thought city were magnificent today and deserved all three points. We are not going to keep giving stupid goals away. It will stop and when it does we will be unstoppable.

I still think we are going to win this league. We were miles better than Chelsea.

But boy, that defeat hurt. Really hurt because it was stupid and unjust.

Never thought I would agree with DD

This defeat hurt , no denying it , and we looked good in patches but despite bags of possession we could of easily been 4-0 down at half time .

Clichy and Zab each flashed an awesome cross across the six-yard box and again no-one was on the end of it ala schurrles tap-in .

that was a blow, but thankfully not a fatal one,going forward we are the best in the prem .but to win the title,we also have to have a solid defence,unless we cut out the crap individual mistakes,we wont stating the bleeding obvious I know,what I don't get is people,pointing fingers at managers or coaches,what can anyone do when your goalie has a brain storm,get well soon Vinnie ,he calms everyone down ,can I finnish on a high note fernandino is a fantastic addition

Can't help but think nastasic could've done something about both goals, wouldn't say he was mainly to blame for both but played a part in both. First one he decided to approach Torres and instead of going for a tackle twist and try to back heel it? Then second... We all know that one.

Beanhead said:
I lurk on this forum (a lot) and haven't posted on here for months but today feel the need to stick my oar in...

How the fuck anyone thinks the blame lies with Pellers beggars belief he was one minute and a mistake away from out Mourniho'ing Mourinho... He had the measure of the best manager left in the game who has had a freakishly good record of winning at home. I thought up until the 89th minute we were faultless and that was largely due to the manager. Great shape, productive attack and the right balance and a great use of Substitutes. Add to the fact the manger showed great humanity in going against his preferred football attacking method and for 89 mins it worked perfectly. One thing as a manager you can't account for is human error and Joe fucked up massively... School boy. He got it wrong.

Gutted at the result. Not at the performance. We will be in one of two positions come May either 1st or 2nd. Utd on the other hand would kill to have played like we have far thus far.

Losing at Chelsea is almost as inevitable as losing at the Etihad for any team...

I still think we will win the league.

I wish more people on here had this understanding

Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I thought city were magnificent today and deserved all three points. We are not going to keep giving stupid goals away. It will stop and when it does we will be unstoppable.

I still think we are going to win this league. We were miles better than Chelsea.

I agree with you DD

tubthump all you want but 3 defeats in 9 games say it all. title winning? is it fuck. after 9 games where are we in the league - WHERE?

a blip, a lack of concentration, a weird run of results, call it what you want but its obvious that the league will not be in mcr this season!!!

grim up north said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Never thought I would agree with DD

I thought we played well for 20 mins each half but don't think we deserved to win. We didn't create that many chances.

Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I agree with you DD

I don't think we were "magnificent" but we certainly played very well for long periods of that match, had we been magnificent we'd have created more from all the possession we had in the 2nd half, after we equalised we had them on the ropes for 10 minutes but failed to capitalise. We did too much of our passing the ball across their back four from left to right before losing it without actually getting it in the box routine for my liking. On the other hand I feel we can still win the league but we need to be a bit more clinical with our possession, we certainly made Chelsea look ordinary for long periods of that match...upwards and onwards.

burning blue soul said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I agree with you DD

tubthump all you want but 3 defeats in 9 games say it all. title winning? is it fuck. after 9 games where are we in the league - WHERE?

a blip, a lack of concentration, a weird run of results, call it what you want but its obvious that the league will not be in mcr this season!!!

According to the bookies its either us or chelsea so I wouldnt write off our team so readily

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.