Chelsea V Liverpool.

If he's not banned we need to get him sent off. The verbals and winding up should start in the tunnel before the game. I can't understand why more players don't do this to odious wankers like Costa.

As the Costa thing is 100% the refs call at this stage (i.e. different to leage games, no panel to make judgement) then I can't see this going any further. Oliver will bottle it, like he does all major decisions. There's no way he saw the stamp at the time, he gave the freekick for the foul before it, and his view was blocked by Henderson, yet I wouldn't be surprised if he claimed he did see it. Alternatively he could bottle it ans claim he felt it was accidental, or only worthy of a yellow card (this is most likely for me), but either way there's not a great deal of chance that Costa gets the 3 game ban his action actually warrants.

Matty said:
As the Costa thing is 100% the refs call at this stage (i.e. different to leage games, no panel to make judgement) then I can't see this going any further. Oliver will bottle it, like he does all major decisions. There's no way he saw the stamp at the time, he gave the freekick for the foul before it, and his view was blocked by Henderson, yet I wouldn't be surprised if he claimed he did see it. Alternatively he could bottle it ans claim he felt it was accidental, or only worthy of a yellow card (this is most likely for me), but either way there's not a great deal of chance that Costa gets the 3 game ban his action actually warrants.

Sadly I think you are probably right. The only hope is that he will worry about looking like a massive vagina if he bottles it not that it usually bothers him.

252072B600000578-0-One_fan_went_the_extra_mile_to_mock_up_a_full_size_first_class_R-m-55_1422404553129.jpg

city saint said:
ha ha just heard Maureen saying both stamps were accidental.worried I suspect

Maureen is just a dick and a massive hypocrite...... Gets on my tits!!
Rant over :-)

Inter Me Nan said:
Did i read that right that they can't appeal or is that porkies?

Porkies, they can appeal, and that appeal would be fast tracked so as to take place prior to the game on Saturday.

He's got to actually be charged with something first, which is unlikely to happen.

Anyone remember the Balotelli stamp/kick out against Spurs, very similar incident to Costa's first one, or Adebayor against Arsenal, similar to Costa's second one. They were both retrospectively punished. Costa therefore should be too.

Inter Me Nan said:
Did i read that right that they can't appeal or is that porkies?

They can't appeal the decision if it's retrospective (if the review committee decide it's a ban, then that's that). They can appeal the severity of the sentence (ie how many games they're banned for) but it cannot be used to avoid missing our game as no matter what the outcome of their appeal it's always now a minimum of a one game ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.