Chelsea V Liverpool.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Howard Webb has proven that it's career enhancing to bottle big decisions as generally no one remembers these, just the ones you make. Oliver appears to have taken this lesson to heart and has quickly become the biggest bottler in the sorry history of PL refereeing. He was once so promising as well.

We need someone like Martin Samuel at The Mail to write an article titled "Referees are supposed to make big calls, not bottle them."

he's just doing his job.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Matty said:
As the Costa thing is 100% the refs call at this stage (i.e. different to leage games, no panel to make judgement) then I can't see this going any further. Oliver will bottle it, like he does all major decisions. There's no way he saw the stamp at the time, he gave the freekick for the foul before it, and his view was blocked by Henderson, yet I wouldn't be surprised if he claimed he did see it. Alternatively he could bottle it ans claim he felt it was accidental, or only worthy of a yellow card (this is most likely for me), but either way there's not a great deal of chance that Costa gets the 3 game ban his action actually warrants.

Sadly I think you are probably right. The only hope is that he will worry about looking like a massive vagina if he bottles it not that it usually bothers him.

[video]https://vine.co/v/OTtnJjnvOQV[/video]
Thought I was going daft when I saw that last night ,have never seen a ref offering a handshake for booking a player ever before

I don't think City should be agonizing about whether or not Costa plays. Whichever side Chelsea put out, will be extremely difficult to beat. I would be more worried about Hazzard running at our back four - partcularly when he realiises he is in the penalty area.

By the by, did anyone else listen to that idiot on the BBC 5-Live commentary trying to defend Costa?

TheRisingoftheNorth said:
I don't think City should be agonizing about whether or not Costa plays. Whichever side Chelsea put out, will be extremely difficult to beat. I would be more worried about Hazzard running at our back four - partcularly when he realiises he is in the penalty area.

By the by, did anyone else listen to that idiot on the BBC 5-Live commentary trying to defend Costa?

Didn't hear it but wasn't it Danny Mills iac co-commentating last night.

blueparrot said:

Didn't hear it but wasn't it Danny Mills iac co-commentating last night.

Danny '****' Mills said:
Well yeah, he's stamped on him, but to be fair it wasn't malicious, he's just trying to give the lad a paid holiday where he gets to collect his wages for doing fuck all bar sit on the treatment table, I loved those I did. Did I tell you I give my dog blowjobs?

Unfortunately that's the media now!

They have to pay some idiot in to say the opposite to what we actually saw.
It's like reading the comments on youtube:-
Holocaust deniers
People who think we didn't land on the moon
The CIA did 9/11
Diana was killed by the Duke of Edinburgh
etc etc

In fact to less rational you are - the more the media want your view.

Don't get your hopes up guys and gals. Have you forgotten that Oliver was the ref who only yellow-carded Fellaini for that elbow on Zab in the 3-0 derby at the swamp? If that was only worthy of a yellow card then Costa's actions are barely worth bothering about.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Don't get your hopes up guys and gals. Have you forgotten that Oliver was the ref who only yellow-carded Fellaini for that elbow on Zab in the 3-0 derby at the swamp? If that was only worthy of a yellow card then Costa's actions are barely worth bothering about.

Difference is, was that he saw that and made a very bad call as to what the card should be. This time he has to make an objective decision knowing every man and his dog has seen it, including his peers and hierarchy and they should all know there is only one right answer. To go against that, he will compromise his professional ability, as well as challenging the standards of other refs in the game.

Anyone any idea when he gets to make this decision?

mosssideblue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Difference is, was that he saw that and made a very bad call as to what the card should be. This time he has to make an objective decision knowing every man and his dog has seen it, including his peers and hierarchy and they should all know there is only one right answer. To go against that, he will compromise his professional ability, as well as challenging the standards of other refs in the game.

Anyone any idea when he gets to make this decision?

Talksport said around 6pm we will know

bluemoon32 said:
Balo's agent must be the best in the business, to continually find clubs willing to pay his client millions to turn in dogshit performances is quite amazing.

I hope he's taking care of his money, and that he is securing endorsements or some type of hollywood stuff (even if minor) with his gigs.

At some point clubs will stop paying big money.

I say this without malice, he's a nice guy who is genuinely hilarious and while he is way to unpredictable on the field in terms of his football, he doesn't come across as arrogant or a **** as some famous people might sometimes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.