Chelsea V Liverpool.

aguero93:20 said:
Inter Me Nan said:
Did i read that right that they can't appeal or is that porkies?

They can't appeal the decision if it's retrospective (if the review committee decide it's a ban, then that's that). They can appeal the severity of the sentence (ie how many games they're banned for) but it cannot be used to avoid missing our game as no matter what the outcome of their appeal it's always now a minimum of a one game ban.
But i thought there was no review committe as it's down to Oliver?
I'm confused ha.

Inter Me Nan said:
Inter Me Nan said:
Did i read that right that they can't appeal or is that porkies?

They can't appeal the decision if it's retrospective (if the review committee decide it's a ban, then that's that). They can appeal the severity of the sentence (ie how many games they're banned for) but it cannot be used to avoid missing our game as no matter what the outcome of their appeal it's always now a minimum of a one game ban.
I'm confused ha.

Sorry my bad. PL games = review committee, cup games = Referee. Either way they've already reviewed video evidence to decide upon the ban so the decision itself can't be appealed (presumably as there isn't any fresh evidence, unlike when you appeal a red card awarded in real time during the game and the video evidence is reviewed to see if the sending off was actually justified).

Inter Me Nan said:
I'm confused ha.

Sorry my bad. PL games = review committee, cup games = Referee. Either way they've already reviewed video evidence to decide upon the ban so the decision itself can't be appealed (presumably as there isn't any fresh evidence, unlike when you appeal a red card awarded in real time during the game and the video evidence is reviewed to see if the sending off was actually justified).
Cheers blue.

Lancet Fluke said:
Matty said:
As the Costa thing is 100% the refs call at this stage (i.e. different to leage games, no panel to make judgement) then I can't see this going any further. Oliver will bottle it, like he does all major decisions. There's no way he saw the stamp at the time, he gave the freekick for the foul before it, and his view was blocked by Henderson, yet I wouldn't be surprised if he claimed he did see it. Alternatively he could bottle it ans claim he felt it was accidental, or only worthy of a yellow card (this is most likely for me), but either way there's not a great deal of chance that Costa gets the 3 game ban his action actually warrants.

Sadly I think you are probably right. The only hope is that he will worry about looking like a massive vagina if he bottles it not that it usually bothers him.

Oliver has to be careful here as he is playing with his own reputation. With the media coverage this has got and the obvious fact it was a stamp to everyone except the Chavs, he would look a right dick to say it wasn't. I suspect he will say it would have been a yellow. In that circumstance he can save a little professionalism. Just hope he is shown both stamps and he says both were yellow card offensive.

Costa is on par with gnasher

Come on Ickle Micky wake up and check your emails etc.

I think he'll bottle it and say he saw the first and considered it accidental, the second he'll say was just a coming together.

Lancet Fluke said:
Matty said:
As the Costa thing is 100% the refs call at this stage (i.e. different to leage games, no panel to make judgement) then I can't see this going any further. Oliver will bottle it, like he does all major decisions. There's no way he saw the stamp at the time, he gave the freekick for the foul before it, and his view was blocked by Henderson, yet I wouldn't be surprised if he claimed he did see it. Alternatively he could bottle it ans claim he felt it was accidental, or only worthy of a yellow card (this is most likely for me), but either way there's not a great deal of chance that Costa gets the 3 game ban his action actually warrants.

Sadly I think you are probably right. The only hope is that he will worry about looking like a massive vagina if he bottles it not that it usually bothers him.

[video]https://vine.co/v/OTtnJjnvOQV[/video]

Hamann Pineapple said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Matty said:

Salman Butt anyone...

Matty said:

if the referees commission or whatever was anything remotely close to punishing/rewarding referee performances, Olivier would be playing with his own career by not proceeding with the ban. sadly if he has an idea that it wont affect him, he is likely to bottle it.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Matty said:

I saw that last night and cannot think of one reason he would offer his hand first ! If the player went to shake his hand you could say it was an instant reaction but he offered his hand. Absolute disgrace.

Howard Webb has proven that it's career enhancing to bottle big decisions as generally no one remembers these, just the ones you make. Oliver appears to have taken this lesson to heart and has quickly become the biggest bottler in the sorry history of PL refereeing. He was once so promising as well.

We need someone like Martin Samuel at The Mail to write an article titled "Referees are supposed to make big calls, not bottle them."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.