Chelsea V Man City Pre- Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys this is my first post. Hope it is applicable in this thread. I'm actually from Doncaster, used to go to Maine Road a lot when I was younger and living closer to Manchester. I am going to be in Manchester this weekend and wondered where would be the best place to watch the game?

Any ideas welcome

Castiel said:
[Since we have to go to Moscow on Thursday and City gets a week rest, I think this game is more heavily in your favour. We traditionally have the most trouble against City when it comes to top sides but we have more experience at Wembley and we're hitting our usual late season form. We're also a big game side at the moment. It may go to extra time but I'd say 60/40 in City's favour is a realistic prediction with all factors considered.

I think that's a pretty realistic assessment. It's a curious game, in that if you play Mata Oscar and Hazard against us and go toe-to-toe I think we have the edge over you with or without Silva. Rafa is a more defensive manager and I'd have thought that defend deep and counter attack at pace (as the rags tried to do) might be a better option tactically, but your squad lends itself less well to that.

On the other hand, it's a cup match. Anything can happen. A red card, an individual mistake, a bad offside call, a lucky deflection, a piece of individual brilliance. Even if the chances were 99-1 in our favour (and they are a long way from that) Sunday could still be the 1.

Only the type of effort we put in at Old Trashford the other night will beat Chelsea .... they have a decent record in big games at Wembley , and they are a class act ....... anything less than a repeat of our performance at United and we'll be returning home with no cup final appearance to look forward to , that's for sure!

Have we sold out yet? BBC just announced Wigan have sold less than !0,000 and there will be a neural zone on Saturday. And anybody any idea how Chelsea sales have gone?

Monday was a great result for us but Chelsea are a different team to United so I expect a different game. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was won by one goal because we and Chelsea have similar styles. We're the better team and I do fancy a win, I'll say 2-1. Hopefully Silva won't be too big a loss. Carlos can always drop deeper to compensate for Silva's absence. We've had the upper hand against Chelsea in recent times and they've got their fixture pile up so I'd be surprised if we aren't returning to Wembley in May! I don't think the FA Cup will keep Mancini's job if it at risk though

Andouble said:
City haven't lost many big games in the past few years either pal, have more trouble with the Southampton's and QPR's of the world!

Agree Silva hasn't even been in Mata's league this season, and stats or no stats Hazard can fuck off just because he was a **** last summer :)
One of the big reasons I love watching Joe's save is you can see Hazard behind Lampard, smirking. The money I'd pay to see his face afterwards.

lewis9111 said:
Hi guys this is my first post. Hope it is applicable in this thread. I'm actually from Doncaster, used to go to Maine Road a lot when I was younger and living closer to Manchester. I am going to be in Manchester this weekend and wondered where would be the best place to watch the game?

Any ideas welcome

Anywhere you want...The majority will be pissed up somewhere in London and its borders;)

BringBackSwales said:
ST Coleridge said:
Benitez is pretty good in one-off games like these, and I expect him to be pretty cagey - I can't see the Oscar Hazard Mata trio starting.

Azp Ivan Luiz Bert
......Lamp Mik
Ram....Mat....Haz
..........Ba

As it's our big shot at glory, I would start with a similarly solid line-up, with Garcia in for David.

Zab..Kom..Nas..Cli
........Gar..Bar
Mil.......Yaya.....Nas
............Kun

No Tevez after his exceptional game on Monday night? Ridiculous

I know what you mean, but perhaps he did well because he was freed up from any defensive duties? I just think the 442 has let us down too much this season - and anyone putting Carlos in 'the hole' in their formation is mistaken. He has wee bursts of tenacity but he doesn't press the opposition properly, or even occupy the space that would worry them.

To be fair, I think Carlos is the best target man in England. He never gives the ball away, turning in tight circles and wriggling away, and letting others get up the pitch. I would personally play Aguero on the left of a front three, with Silva on the right. This game's become our entire season though, so I'd err on the side of caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.