Chelsea V Man City Pre- Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we want that snidey cynical cheating twunt Luiz to play? At times I feel he`s an accident for the Chavs waiting to happen that we can exploit. Rumour is he will be dropped for Sunday as he`s on 9 yellow cards and would miss the next 2 league games.
As for us I reckon Silva might surprise us all and make it. If so, same starting XI. Mancini said last night that Aguero is not ready for 90 mins (and possibly more if there is extra time). More than happy to go one (Tevez) up front, with Aguero from the bench.

mgreenz97 said:
------------------Hart-----------------
---Zaba - Kompany - Nastasic - Clichy--
--------------Yaya - Barry-------------
--------Milner - Tevez - Nasri-----------
----------------Aguero-----------------

Hart or Pantillimon I'm not bothered either way.
With Silva out we're pretty restricted on our midfield (I can't see Sinclair starting the a Semi against Chelsea) so it has to be Nasri unless we play a different formation.
Can't see any reason to pick Lescott over Nasty as Chelsea aren't much of a danger in the air.

I agree with you, this is the team i would pick

We should beat them sily. We have owned Chelsea under Mancini's reign. They will be coming off a Europa League game on thursday in Russia. Ba is cup tied. Cole and Cahill should be out. Mancini will certainly have the boys up for it to prove a point to the media that he's not going anywhere, and beating Chelsea will surely ensure another major trophy.

Mr. Aguia said:
We should beat them sily. We have owned Chelsea under Mancini's reign. They will be coming off a Europa League game on thursday in Russia. Ba is cup tied. Cole and Cahill should be out. Mancini will certainly have the boys up for it to prove a point to the media that he's not going anywhere, and beating Chelsea will surely ensure another major trophy.
They outplayed us to win 2-1 at their place last season and hammered us 3-0 the season before at the Bridge. We were woeful in both games.

Ba isn't cup tied. He scored a brace on his debut at St Mary's in the FAC for Chelsea. He's a dangerous striker and we need to do our job well against him. I'd personally play Lescott and Mancini usually plays Lescott against these types of players.

I agree with the rest!

Caveman said:
Mr. Aguia said:
They outplayed us to win 2-1 at their place last season and hammered us 3-0 the season before at the Bridge. We were woeful in both games.

Ba isn't cup tied. He scored a brace on his debut at St Mary's in the FAC for Chelsea. He's a dangerous striker and we need to do our job well against him. I'd personally play Lescott and Mancini usually plays Lescott against these types of players.

I agree with the rest!

the 2-1 was with 10 men. The 2-0 the year before at the Bridge, agreed, a woeful performance.

We match up well with them for the most part and I think the last time they took points from us at COMS/Etihad was Robinho's first game in 2008?

We should win at Wembley.

zandvoort blue said:
Do we want that snidey cynical cheating twunt Luiz to play? At times I feel he`s an accident for the Chavs waiting to happen that we can exploit. .

Hope he plays, Terry's still their best center back imo.

I really hope we don't play Pantilimon in this game. There is no place for sentiment in a game this important. Pants is a good back-up keeper but he is exactly that, a back-up - because Joe is better. You pick your best available. If we pick Pants then we already hand Chelsea some initiative s they'll think 'reserve keeper' and have a few more pot shots. We need our best XI to go out there and dominate like we did last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.